Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I have two issues actually.

1. When I attempt to install Windows the setup begins but then it says that some required drivers aren't available. It tells me that I can eject the installation CD for this portion and put in a disc that has the drivers, but I can't eject the Windows 7 install disc. The eject key doesn't work and there's no manual eject pinhole on an iMac.

2. At the beginning of the setup, I'm not getting a prompt that tells me to select the partition to install it on. I don't know if that's supposed to come later but I don't want to install Windows over my Mac OS X partition.

What am I missing here?

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
a couple of questions-

1. Are you sure that your model is compatible with Windows 7 (only certain macs are compatible with Windows 7) ? That would be the first thing to check.

2. The chooser only comes up if you hold down the option key. If you hold down the option key when you boot up, do you see both partitions?

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
a couple of questions-

1. Are you sure that your model is compatible with Windows 7 (only certain macs are compatible with Windows 7) ? That would be the first thing to check.
It should be. My Mac is a year old...the 21.5", 3.06 GHz Core2Duo, 500GB hard drive one.

2. The chooser only comes up if you hold down the option key. If you hold down the option key when you boot up, do you see both partitions?
The chooser I'm talking about is supposed to happen within the Windows installer, at least according to the Bootcamp help manual.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Also, does anyone know how you're supposed to be able to eject a disc while in the Windows installer?

UMJD2002

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Chicago, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You have to go into my computer and eject the disk that way. The eject button won't work until you install the bootcamp drivers in windows

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You have to go into my computer and eject the disk that way. The eject button won't work until you install the bootcamp drivers in windows

I'm in the early part of the Windows installer. I don't have My Computer yet.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Also, does anyone know how you're supposed to be able to eject a disc while in the Windows installer?

You can't. This is why the Boot Camp instructions say:
You must use a single full-install Windows installation disc. You cannot use an upgrade version of Windows. If you’re installing Windows XP, you must use Service Pack 2 or later. You cannot install an earlier version of Windows XP and then attempt to update it later.

Usually Apple recommends putting the required drivers on a USB key if there are any required. Can you post a screenshot (or copy the info) from :apple: -> About our Mac -> More info -> Hardware.

Where/how did you get your W7 install disc? Is it retail, OEM, upgrade, ...?

B

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00

I have a DVD I burned from an .iso file and have a volume license.

Also, here's what I'm being asked for (see attached photo):

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    518 KB · Views: 199

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
This error usually comes down to a bad burn. I'd suggest you verify your ISO, burn at slower speed and/or use different media.

If you can, also separate variables by trying a retail ISO. You can download an official one from Microsoft via Digital River via links that are easy to find. (can't copy & post easily from my iPhone).

B

Abelsen

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
@TitanTiger

I have the same problem. Did you find out if the problem was a bad burn??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.