Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

[DL]

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
Louisiana
I think the new Nano is fine. Only issue is that capacity; I was thrilled when I found out about video playback, but 16GB won't store much.

redstealth

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
There goes the hope for reasonably priced iPad mini. I predict it's going to be $399 seeing how much Apple wants for iPod touch.

Agreed, as I have already posted in another iphone5/ipod touch 5g thread, I believe that new ipad mini will replace the ipad 2, and seeing that the ipod touch is already $299, and that Apple does not want to compete among its own products, the ipad mini will be priced in the $349.99-$399.99 range.

I personally was waiting to get the nexus 7 until I read rumors of the ipad mini coming out to COMPETE with the new sub $200 tablets such as the Nexus 7, well, so much for competition now since the ipad mini will cost nearly as much as a full ipad. Now its between a Nexus 7 and an ipod touch, meh tough choice. I would be utterly shocked if the ipad mini was released at $299, it would be nice, but since it's Apple, I highly doubt that will happen.

fteoath64

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
The new nano is not what ive come to expect from Apple... It's hideous.

Agreed!. The design team ought to be ashamed of such a design!. A knockoff looking product that is not as portable as the previous model. Putting video is plainly stupid and those round icons ?!. Yuck!.:confused

fteoath64

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2008
"It almost seems as if the Shuffle and Nano are now just there to encourage you to dig deeper and just buy the Touch instead, rather than wandering around with something that's just unnecessarily crippled."

If their marketing people think this way then they are way more stupid than anybody thinks. Buyers are not this stupid, they have choices in the market and can make those choices fairly well themselves maybe a mistake or two here and there but they learn very quickly. The upsell concept does not work unless there are strong discount incentives for buying a few units (eg for kids). This Apple has NOT done and never will. They felt they do not need to, arrogance here!.

If you feel that the device is a great fit for your needs and you can live with the limitations, then buy it or else go somewhere else (it tends to offer more for less).

anime023

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
Apple missed an opportunity with the new nano

I think Tim Cook and Apple missed a huge opportunity with the design of the nano and their iPod line. If they were going to go with a widescreen design like that. Why not just reintroduce the iPod mini with that widescreen design and rework the internals of the nano with the new lighting connector faster processor and more colors. That would give apple a more robust iPod line. I think a lot of people are going to miss the old nano and apple is missing a huge opportunity to expand the iPod line.

volodymyrqa

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Kyiv, Ukraine
Agreed!. The design team ought to be ashamed of such a design!. A knockoff looking product that is not as portable as the previous model. Putting video is plainly stupid and those round icons ?!. Yuck!.:confused

Yeah, design is not good. But it's a small device which means it's very portable... Compare it to Classic ( brick ).

I think users will get used to round icons :)

Anyone knows the correct date when ipod Touch will be available in the shops ? October 12 - 15 ?

----------

pre-orders on sept 14 and than available october :confused: does not make any sense to me.. why pre-order now and have to wait like a whole month :rolleyes:

Not to spoil iphone sales.. :)

YESFILMS

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
Disappointed & Mad!

Apple has not focused on the fact that this is a device that should be centered around the music factor.

CONS (for me!): Still NO FM Recording and AM tuning (critical for listening to AM broadcasts of games at stadiums!), over priced (considering the prices of some tablets in the market), ugly colors, 'Lightning connector' will NOT allow "me" to sit properly the device on a micro sound system that already had a nice dock for the previous connector type, maximum capacity still too low (I was expecting AT LEAST 80gb w/the size & price of Flash Memory cards these days!!!), ear pods are UGLY, etc.

This is a device clearly targeted at silly teenagers, who as far as I know, don't need a device w/a 5MP camera when their phones can take better pictures! This is not for AUDIO FILES. I will NOT buy. I'm looking into a COWON for my music needs.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I think Tim Cook and Apple missed a huge opportunity with the design of the nano and their iPod line. If they were going to go with a widescreen design like that. Why not just reintroduce the iPod mini with that widescreen design and rework the internals of the nano with the new lighting connector faster processor and more colors. That would give apple a more robust iPod line. I think a lot of people are going to miss the old nano and apple is missing a huge opportunity to expand the iPod line.
You want the 3rd Gen to come back? Oh thats rich. That was the worst iPod mini ever.

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Well, there goes the nano-as-a-watch concept. I hope those guys who got that massive Kickstarter off the ground for the nano watch strap have another business idea...

Definitely agree, with this.

I've never been an active iPod user, carrying the extra device did not work for me, even before my Mobile was able to play music.
The previous gen Nano finally nailed it for me - I replaced my watch with an iPod, and It's been fabulous. It even got me into podcasts and audiobooks - something the iPhone was never really suited for.

Am disappointed, and can't frankly see the point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.