Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Behindthelens24

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
First we have to end hunger. When no child goes to bed hungry in the world, we can start looking at iOS 6 battery life.

If you're going to focus on one thing at a time, get your priorities straight.

I do agree with you. This, however, is a Mac rumor site. Therefore we're talking about apple consumer electronics. I have no clue as to how you can infer what my priorities are outside of apple products and their issues. I donate money, food, and my time to shelters so that children in my area have meals. So shame on you for telling me that I'm a bad person for addressing a relevant issue on a site dedicated to the aforementioned topic(s). If you don't want to talk about gadgets then get off this site and give Bono a call and get working on solving world hunger. That is all.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Please re-read quotes before replying and implying. Thank you.

P.S. Authorized apps from app store do not "lock up" the entire OS in such a manner as described. #endfreehint

Apparently you're wrong. I've had this phone about a year; I've had the entire phone lock up or slow down to the point of being unusable 50-60 times (little more than once a week), and during that time, those buttons were unresponsive or so slow to respond that they were useless. In addition, they often did not properly respond to a long press vs a short tap, which is supposed to bring up different functions at times. My frustration with this doesn't change if it's supposed to happen or not, but the fact remains that it does happen on a regular basis.

And what "authorized apps from the app store" are you referring to? The virtually uncurated Google Play Store? Yeah, that's the only type of apps I have on my phone, and I've had this happen in the browser, the Google Search app, the phone app (!), and other preinstalled applications in addition to downloaded applications. Don't tell me it doesn't happen.

jW

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Now we're getting somewhere!

1. Promote abstinence
  2. Feed the world
  3. Fix iOS 6 battery-life issues
  4. Develop phones with flexible displays

Sounds like a game plan.

----------

Flat screens. So 2007.

September 2013:

Apple has announced the new iPhone 6. This is phone is completely flexible and water proof! Phill Schiller and Tim Cook climb into a water tank and play underwater hand-ball with their phone. They climb out of the water and call each other by accessing Siri using telepathy.

Here are the headlines we would see:

Engadget: iPhone 6 Disappoints
BGR: iPhone 6 is Boring
AI: Analysts Concerned with Apple's Ability to Innovate
MacRumors: Does the iPhone 6 Disappoint?
Android Police: iPhone still trying to catch Android.

MarketWatch: AAPL 1,677.98 +30.20 +1.81%
MarketWatch: Is it time to short AAPL?

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
They got rid of the "Computer" part years ago! It's been "Apple, Inc." since Jan 9, 2007.

Yeah, that's "seems" to be at the same time, Apple, Inc. gave up on greater frequency rate of refreshes of their "COMPUTER" segment, ie. iMac, MacPro. Thus the "symbolism" of my comment.

It's now only laptops, iPods to an extent, iPhones, iPads and rumored iPad Mini! You think any of these products would go for an (according to MacRumors Buyer's Guide) 500 to 700 day refresh?

I remember the name change though, thank-you very much. I watched the Keynote when Steve made the announcement. :apple:
/
/

scott911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2009
I
WANT
better
sound.

My kid's kindle fire sounds 20x better than either my ipad, or iphone - comparing external speakers.

clibinarius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
NY
Not possible on an LCD. Requires shifting to an (O)LED screen. Apple won't do that until they solve Burn-In.

In other words, many moons away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.