Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So

I think I have this set up so you can upload photos from the mobile forums on MacRumors.

There is an "edit attachment" link when you are posting. If you are using the desktop version, you can use the normal Manage Attachments.

It seems you can't upload more than one photo. Also iPhone photos tend to be big, so it will take a long time to upload on a slow connection.

Give it a test.

For my first photo, fried mozerella sandwich:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
As mesmerizing data center picture:

Edit: wow, that was a simple process. Nice work Arn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 100

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Mine took about 10 seconds to upload on AT&T 4G. This is awesome.

I just noticed I was able to upload pics on another site too. I finally get a favorite JB tweak in iOS6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Mine took about 10 seconds to upload on AT&T 4G. This is awesome.

Not sure if it's a forum bug, your thumbnail is sideway but when you open it it's in the right position.

Edit: in safari --> preview sideway, when you open it it's ok.
Chrome --> Sideway in both case

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
It seems you can't upload more than one photo.

I ran into the same issue trying to upload multiple images from iOS 6 for iPad using the full MR site. The manage attachments pop-up shows up as a new tab in Safari, and then I can click on 'choose file' and select a photo from my camera roll or photo stream. It will let me do that for all 5 spots, but when I upload them, and close the tab going back to the main edit window, only the first image gets attached.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Look like that, still sideways.

Must have something to do with the image orientation exif data...

By preview I meant thumbnails sorry!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2012-09-27 à 16.01.07.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2012-09-27 à 16.01.07.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 112

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
I'm uploading them from my iPhone.

I know that, that's the whole point of this thread ;)

What I'm trying to say, when you take a picture with a device that support the "device orientation" feature like many camera/dslr/etc... have, whatever the orientation your device is the resulting picture will have the correct side up.

In older version of windows the equivalent to osx preview would open the image in the same orientation the device was when the picture was taken, it ignored this part of the exif data, even overwriting it in some case :eek:

Here, I'm just wondering if it's the browser or the forum software that display in the wrong direction... I'm guessing it's 50/50 since clicking the thumbnails open it corectly in safari, while not in chrome, and the forum (vbulletin I guess) delete those exif information when resizing for thumbnails.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Any idea why only one image ?

image.jpg

It seems that the default file name is always image.jpg which could be why one one image is possible.

It's a very nice enhancement; if just could be used with multiple images :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.