Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, I'm in Canada, and finally losing my patience waiting for new shows. I expected that with the return of NBC, we'd possibly get some good content in iTunes Canada. It hasn't happened.

So I hopped on over to the US store and I was lavished with tons of amazing shows that I'm ready to pay for to watch this season.

I know it's possible to buy US iTunes cards online but since I haven't purchased one before, I thought I'd ask people on MacRumors for advice on the best one.

I'm looking to buy the card and get the details delivered instantly.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Here's an update: I got a US account by using the code provided at TuneCore.com and selecting None as my method of payment.

I'm still on the lookout for a reliable site that sells US iTunes cards...:rolleyes:

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
eBay is probably the easiest way, but make sure you carefully check the seller's feedback to make sure they deliver on what they're selling...

godslabrat

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but I'm in the US and I'd be willing to pick some up for you, if you'd reimburse me with maybe a little something on the side for my troubles. :)

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but I'm in the US and I'd be willing to pick some up for you, if you'd reimburse me with maybe a little something on the side for my troubles. :)

Sounds like the beginning of a potentially moderately successful side-business... haha

Whenever I head to walden galleria in buffalo I always pick up a few gift cards just in case I feel impulsive in iTunes for shows we dont' get in Canada

tom1971

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Hey guys, I'm in Canada, and finally losing my patience waiting for new shows. I expected that with the return of NBC, we'd possibly get some good content in iTunes Canada. It hasn't happened.

So I hopped on over to the US store and I was lavished with tons of amazing shows that I'm ready to pay for to watch this season.

I know it's possible to buy US iTunes cards online but since I haven't purchased one before, I thought I'd ask people on MacRumors for advice on the best one.

I'm looking to buy the card and get the details delivered instantly.

Ebay is your friend.

Cordeiro

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
You're funny

No. eBay must burn in hell. It's the biggest scam ever and so are most of the people who use it.

This site works perfectly. You get your code within seconds.

http://www.mikesay98.blogspot.com

Ebay must burn in hell?? Funny to see that in the link you provide us there is a link to an ebay page...or should I say a link to hell???

On ebay is easy to find sellers that are honest and selling at a better price.
7 dollars margin in each 50$ cards...? the guy should be working on Wall Street.

dogz

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
I just purchased one from ebay on Thursday. The seller was from Calgary and I rec'd $100.00 card for $56.00 Cdn. It was a 50% off sale...so not sure if the card was about to expire, but the code worked fine and I now have $100.00 waiting to be spent on U.S. selection of TV shows and Movies. He had good ratings and I was not worried based on his reviews.

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Ebay must burn in hell?? Funny to see that in the link you provide us there is a link to an ebay page...or should I say a link to hell???

On ebay is easy to find sellers that are honest and selling at a better price.
7 dollars margin in each 50$ cards...? the guy should be working on Wall Street.

At least your iTunes account doesn't get closed by buying some fraudulent card from some ******* eBay. I'd rather pay a premium for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

TFMTASAD

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
Just bought one off ebay today, it worked great!

Just make sure the seller has good feedback

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
I bought on ebay a few years back and Apple closed my account because the cards where bought with fraudulent credit cards. There is no way they can sell cards under face value in bulk (those bestbuy 40$ for a 50$ card deals are limited to 1-2 a person for a reason).
I begged the Apple guy and he reactivated it "just this once, something like this happens again and you will lose your account with all that's on it"...
I'm buying from Michael (link earlier in the thread.) The cards are delivered INSTANTLY and he's a good guy. With the € exchange rate you still get a better deal than buying local.

/edit:

Also yes, the codes from ebay work great at first. I used a lot of them, but then out of the blue: account closed.
Be aware when they say "activate within 12/XX hourse"...legit itunes gift vouchers NEVER expire.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
i buy cards from people who are on ebay for a long time and have positive feedback on a regular basis. or i ask friends whenever they get to be in the states.

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
eBay got too risky for me, with dodgy codes that risked getting my US account closed down.

Luckily Best Buy now does digital delivery, with international credit cards accepted. And they have regular discount specials.

Order from 1 week ago from best buy:

The order you placed on 3/20/2012 has been cancelled because we were unable to verify your information.

Important information about Apple® iTunes Codes and international credit cards:
You may not use an international credit card to purchase an iTunes Code. If you attempted to purchase an iTunes Code from Best Buy in the U.S. using an international credit card, your order has been automatically canceled. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Doesn't work.

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004
Order from 1 week ago from best buy:

The order you placed on 3/20/2012 has been cancelled because we were unable to verify your information.

Important information about Apple® iTunes Codes and international credit cards:
You may not use an international credit card to purchase an iTunes Code. If you attempted to purchase an iTunes Code from Best Buy in the U.S. using an international credit card, your order has been automatically canceled. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Doesn't work.

Dang, thanks for the update. I've used it several times successfully, but Apple must be cracking down.

Diveflo

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
Dang, thanks for the update. I've used it several times successfully, but Apple must be cracking down.

looks like it. Right before christmas there was a sale at walmart and it worked fine via PayPal. Tried it last week and now PayPal says the seller can not accept foreign credit cards.

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004
looks like it. Right before christmas there was a sale at walmart and it worked fine via PayPal. Tried it last week and now PayPal says the seller can not accept foreign credit cards.

Might have to look into prepaid US Visa cards ...

forentang

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2012
Anyone thinks Itunes XX code is only from physical cards which can't be fraudulent ?

I bought one from flexibledream.com and worrying if I have any chance of being blocked ? :confused:

Audite

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Not sure about flexdream.... But the XX codes are fake.

I usually get mine from tunescodes.com. Never had a problem.

ironjaw

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
Cold Copenhagen
I buy fro jerrycards.com he is very reliable and takes a couple of dollars more but I have used him many times. He's scanned all the itunes cards and you receive them right afterwards when buying

Audite

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Just stopped but Jerrycards.com and they are TOO EXPENSIVE!

Try TunesCodes.com

They are cheaper and provide the same authentic codes and scans.

Hope this helps!

I buy fro jerrycards.com he is very reliable and takes a couple of dollars more but I have used him many times. He's scanned all the itunes cards and you receive them right afterwards when buying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.