Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Could NOT be too soon :mad: I have so many apps that crash all the time :(

Unfortunately, with the little amount of RAM that you have, crashes will happen a lot more often, even if Apple tweaks it. This happened to my 2nd gen iPod touch with iOS 4. While the last 4.x.x update improved performance, it was still nothing like 3.x.x.

Your best bet is to clear apps out of memory as soon as you are done with them, especially games, streaming apps, etc.

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The sad part is that even if I just push the power button (not to Swipe to shutdown, just put it in to "sleep" mode), Apps lag when I get back to them.

I highly recommend just sticking to 5.x for anyone, it's not worth it. It might be okay if you only use a few apps, but if your iPod Touch is like mine, you've got a lot of content - games, apps, etc and things just seem to lag.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
The way I use my iPod Touch 4th gen on iOS6 is seems to work fine with no crashes...I wonder if your over net-work updates may have been slightly corrupted when downloading them?

Sometimes wireless signals get intrupted/corrupted so that may be part of your problem...can you restore it and update it again, that may help stop the crashes?

FYI, Microwaves throw off a lot of interferance that affect all types of wireless transmissions = could be your source of part of the issue - just a thought.

Rad-o

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
When i update to ios 6 safari also crashes but after i deleted few apps its good .

Devilx

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2012
I installed it but I downgraded to iPod 5.1.1 because there was no jailbreak
I did the GM version of ios 6 I did saw any lags at all it was perfectly fine
I loved it

PingKei

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Ipod touch 4G with iOS 6

Hello everyone, I just want to sharing that yesterday I just brought an Ipod touch 4th Gen with iOS 6. I have some troubles here. My ipod keeps crashing when I open apps, it takes 2 second and the apps suddenly close. What's happen with the iOS 6? it's sad to know that my ipod doesnt work normally :(
what should I do? Anybody help?

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
Hello everyone, I just want to sharing that yesterday I just brought an Ipod touch 4th Gen with iOS 6.

NOT BROUGHT, BOUGHT.

Whywecanthavenice2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.