Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scoobyh1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys,

I just bought the iPhone 5 and not sure if anyone has experienced this but the Wi-Fi on my iPhone keeps on cutting out or going slow...but when I go on my laptop...it seems fine...is it my imagination?

I even reset my router to see if that was the problem because I became so paranoid it was my broadband.

My 3G is working fine though, if anything it works BETTER on it which is never usually the case...

Can anyone corfirm that people have been having problems with the Wi-Fi because I dont usually come on these forums.

Thanks!

dsciel

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Hey guys,

I just bought the iPhone 5 and not sure if anyone has experienced this but the Wi-Fi on my iPhone keeps on cutting out or going slow...but when I go on my laptop...it seems fine...is it my imagination?

I even reset my router to see if that was the problem because I became so paranoid it was my broadband.

My 3G is working fine though, if anything it works BETTER on it which is never usually the case...

Can anyone corfirm that people have been having problems with the Wi-Fi because I dont usually come on these forums.

Thanks!

i have experiencing wifi issue as well.. it suddenly dropped and iphone 4 is stayed connected as all time when compare side by side... going to apple store soon to get it swap

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I'm having the same issue on my The New iPad. My iPhone 5 is right next to it and connects perfectly. I've had the iPad since its launch in Spring with no wi-fi issues, ever.

I think this may be an iOS6 issue, not a hardware issue.

BJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.