Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Apparently, the models are relatively easy to obtain for approximately 13 USD, according to a previous video report.

I guess us iPad mini hopefuls should throw down $13 for one of these mockups, given that the actual product probably doesn't exist. :(

chineseguy38

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Melbourne
It will be a flopped

It will be a flopped for sure. After all the issues iPhone 5 have. I've all the iPads and iPhones. I definitely won't get iPad Mini if Apple decides to release it.

devilstrider

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Really..? It's just a smaller iPad. They act like we are going to see something different. It's going to be the same **** but on a smaller screen. Hell we already saw that with the iPhone.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Give it up already. I'm so ready for October to come and go without any Apple event and see how people like Gruber and Dalrymple try to backpedal on their predictions.

The whole idea of Apple holding a massive event a month after the iPhone/iPod event was just ludicrous to begin with.

If there is a smaller iPad, and that's a BIG IF, Apple will just unveil it alongside the next iPad event.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Really..? It's just a smaller iPad. They act like we are going to see something different. It's going to be the same **** but on a smaller screen. Hell we already saw that with the iPhone.

From what I've been reading, the Nexus 7 is doing very welll sales wise, so the 7in form factor is what at least some people want.

Throw on Apple marketing with iSheep, and you have billions in profit.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
a downsized ipad, with that same old grid of icons...yawn.
Bring us some innovations.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
From what I've been reading, the Nexus 7 is doing very welll sales wise, so the 7in form factor is what at least some people want.

Throw on Apple marketing with iSheep, and you have billions in profit.

I haven't seen any sales numbers... only analyst estimates and/or predictions.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Hearing "it's sold out everywhere" doesn't really say anything about how well it's doing sales wise.

jont-fu

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
What is that "Macbook Pro" in the photo, with silver bezel and ATI & Intel stickers and all? Looks like 1st gen Macbook Air. A chinese knockoff?

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
I haven't seen any sales numbers... only analyst estimates and/or predictions.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Hearing "it's sold out everywhere" doesn't really say anything about how well it's doing sales wise.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a401082/google-nexus-7-sales-tipped-to-surpass-8m-units.html

If they really do sell 8 million units by the end of the year, thats amazing, considering its a hard to find product unless you look online ( looks like most major retailers won't even carry it ).

Factor in Apples iSheep followers, and their INCREDIBLE skill for marketing, I bet they could shift 30 million iPad minis no problem.

The question is, can Apple make a 7 inch tablet as good as the Nexus 7? I have my doubts.

Mmullan81

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
iPad mini

How come the people who have a "model" never have a functioning one...at least go all out

NOV

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2004
The Netherlands
a downsized ipad, with that same old grid of icons...yawn.
Bring us some innovations.

I tend to agree with you on the icons. I won't say Windows' tiles are heaven (haven't seen them in action) but it sure seems a more efficient way to present information to the user. With icons you lose a lot of screen estate and it takes you longer to access information.

thelonelylimo

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2010
Ohio
Keep dreaming.

It's going to happen.

if this is real, i really hate that the mic isn't on the bottom like the ip5.

there is one on top of the iPhone 5 as well.
iphone5rearmic.jpeg

What is that "Macbook Pro" in the photo, with silver bezel and ATI & Intel stickers and all? Looks like 1st gen Macbook Air. A chinese knockoff?

I'm not sure about the stickers, but the silver bezel is usually antiglare.

iMeanIt

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
Temporarily in Michigan
Mini-Pad: Not if - just when!

That makes an excellent doorstop!

Yay! Another toy!

How about some news on real machines? Like iMacs? Mac Pros maybe?

Keep dreaming.

For the love of god, it's not going to happen. The whole idea seemed ridiculous in the first place.

Are you guys crazy - Apple is going to sell a gazillion of these "Mini-Pads!" It'll be a perfect size for when the "Maxi-Pad" is just too cumbersome. I can see my mini laying around the home-theater room as an ideally sized remote-control for AppleTV, Netflix, Roku, surround-sound and/or stereo systems. It's also a more convenient size for controlling things like a Parrot AR Drone Helicopter, and could also be an amazing gesture-controlled trackpad interface for Final Cut, iMovie, Logic, etc. And when you finish editing, you just disconnect the trackpad and carry it as a portable screening station to show friends and clients at you kids' soccer game.

I believe that Tim has some significant, tightly integrated and yet to be revealed products in the pipeline - and newly rumored MacPro and iMac updates could bring Apple back into the professional/broadcast editing venue almost overnight. Using a fast, multi-core iMac with Thunderbolt connectors, a G-Tech Thunderbolt RAID-5, an AJA Thunderbolt to HDMI breakout box for connecting an external HDMI video monitor, and a gesture-controlled Mini-Pad for your left hand and mouse in the right, TV stations could have an amazingly fast and powerful editing and graphics workstation (for less than $5000) that'd blow you hair back! Even in a major-market, TV stations could easily get by with 10 or less basic editing workstations, and then maybe 2 MacPro workstations for any "heavy-lift" graphics compositing for program "promotional" spots and show opens.

The Mini-Pad is going to happen - and I strongly suspect it'll be in time for the 2012/13 holiday season.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Silver bezel means it's the anti-glare hi-res MBP 15 option. The stickers are I guess some former PC user's idea of a joke.

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
There are still apps running at the original iPhone res, then there's the retina iphone res, then there's the iPhone 5 16x9 res, then the iPad 1 & 2 res, and the iPad 3 retina. Fragmentation - yes. I'm not sure apple will want to keep another device at another res.

By the way, the brand new iOS 6 YouTube app from Google is NOT Universal. You have to double it on iPad 2. Weak sauce in Google's part. Jasmine for YouTube is much better.

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
This is BS.

There will never be an iPad Mini and even if there were, it will not look like this.

The new iPad (And it will be full size) will be as thin as the new iPhone and adopt the new screen size.

This stupid iPad Mini crap is just like the retarded iPhone Mini nonsense from days gone by.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I am not sure how apple will justify the price point after watching the release of new ipod touch 5th Gen. it starts $299. now, new ipad costs $499. so I guess if ipad mini will be $399, who will buy it? for reference, 7 inch tablet starts $199. even you can get 16GB model (amazon kindle fire HD) only by $199. if apple will release it with $399, it will be failed for sure. you can just get new ipad with $100 more. it's much better. I heard the rumors that new ipad mini wouldn't be retina display as well. who will like it? I don't think so. it is just failed. I hope that apple wouldn't make it. they'd better know how the market starts to share. don't make any mistake.

(update) I think that new ipod touch 5th Gen. is new ipad mini. it's perfect to carry all over the place. it newly changed design. why not?

BiteMyApple

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Forest Hills, NY
Whether it happens or not.. I am sick and tired of this rumor. Don't care, won't buy, won't even mention it in a conversation. What's with this constant need to throw rumors based on stupid MOCKUPS? Not a little bit informative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.