Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
I'm in agreement that we need to separate these threads as usually there are many, many, many more that already cover like the exact same crap. People just want to complain that their phone isn't absolutely perfect. I can literally read through the entire forum spy and over 70% of them are on physical blemishes or very isolated problems that the vast majority of people are not experiencing.

Could I suggest an iOS forum spy and an everything else forum spy? Or possibly a forum spy just for these physical blemishes and very isolated problems. I know many people who frequent the forum all year round get fed up with these nearly pointless threads whenever a new iPad or iPhone is released. At least when there is a new Mac product released and there are problems, the people who post about them here are usually forum frequenters all year round.

Just my two cents though...

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Could I suggest an iOS forum spy and an everything else forum spy? Or possibly a forum spy just for these physical blemishes and very isolated problems. I know many people who frequent the forum all year round get fed up with these nearly pointless threads whenever a new iPad or iPhone is released. At least when there is a new Mac product released and there are problems, the people who post about them here are usually forum frequenters all year round.

Clicking preferences will allow you to remove the unwanted forums/sections for forum spy. Allowing you to easily ignore the iPhone section entirely.
Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 4.03.44 PM.png

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
I have actual OCD and it's extremely difficult to live with.

It's really annoying and almost insulting when people on a forum like this associate this disorder with cosmetic defects and what not in regards to a computer. That's not OCD, it's far deeper than that and there is nothing compulsive about complaining in regards to those things.

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
I have actual OCD and it's extremely difficult to live with.

It's really annoying and almost insulting when people on a forum like this associate this disorder with cosmetic defects and what not in regards to a computer. That's not OCD, it's far deeper than that and there is nothing compulsive about complaining in regards to those things.

as mentioned before, I am well aware of the differences but merely used the term as it is commonly used/misused online

similarly when someone tells me they have suffer from anxiety but in reality they have Panic Attacks (much worse) I do not correct them (best example I can think of)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.