Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Hi

I've just noticed that on the Mac App Store, items no longer appear with a little cross next to them when you hover over them offering you to remove them from the purchased list. Has anybody else noticed this, or is it just me? Is there any other way of removing these items?

Thanks for your help,

Sam

AsiaRain

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2004
Denver
No right click for me!

I'm on an AirBook with Mountain Lion and can't remove an update I don't want and there is no control click! Any suggestions?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm on an AirBook with Mountain Lion and can't remove an update I don't want and there is no control click! Any suggestions?

Hold the Control key and click. It exists on every Mac back before I can remember.

jW

Danilushka

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Right-click on the item in the list and choose Hide Purchase.

jW

But that does not remove it from the store and you'll still (at least I did much to my annoyance) get update notices. Though perhaps that update was already acknowledged on the App Store before I hid the purchase and so already queued. Unfortunately, repeating the scenario is not much in my control so I cannot verify. Still, if I hide the app, pending updates for it should be hidden too, correct? even pending ones, after all, hiding the purchase is pretty clear I don't want it or any of its bits lying around any more right? Any more permanent solution anyone? $&%*%($*Nanny Store.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.