Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Vancouver Canada
I love apple products and i got my i5 on launch day, but with the lack of innovation on this product.. i just dont know anymore. I don't wanna leave the apple ecosystem, but if they dont fix some of these issues and add a couple of new features to get me excited.. i can't say i wont be considering an Android phone in a year or 2.

At least work on maps and passbook! Come on Apple, your letting me down

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
And what would be better about the SIII?

I can think of a lot of reasons why I prefer my iP5, though yes, even in upgrading from the iPhone 4, the lack of innovation is palpable. That said, the SIII would in no way address that for me. I am thinking that I might actually have preferred the Nokia 920 but we'll know more about that once it is actually released.

michaelz

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
LA
I love apple products and i got my i5 on launch day, but with the lack of innovation on this product.. i just dont know anymore. I don't wanna leave the apple ecosystem, but if they dont fix some of these issues and add a couple of new features to get me excited.. i can't say i wont be considering an Android phone in a year or 2.

At least work on maps and passbook! Come on Apple, your letting me down

lack of innovation? You don't deserve an iPhone! I'd rather get a blackberry. Andrio phone make me sick.

appleattack

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Nope. Been down the android road already and it goes nowhere.

I hear this a lot. I really was close to picking up an SIII as well. It looks and feels like such a great phone. I love the design. But Android is just a pile of ****.

dk206

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
London
Please.....no more ios v android!

yes please....this kinda threads reveal the noobs and pathetic fanboys of this forum who don't know jack about android please let's not discuss android on here. It's unbearable to read some of the idiotic comments

misterjay

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Would rather go back to my RAZR that I have stored somewhere then use a Galaxy or an android device.

After my first stint with a Google G1.. when it first came out..
NEVER AGAIN.

Does not matter how good android or the SG3 is, hell to the no.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Would rather go back to my RAZR that I have stored somewhere then use a Galaxy or an android device.

After my first stint with a Google G1.. when it first came out..
NEVER AGAIN.

Does not matter how good android or the SG3 is, hell to the no.

Well to be fair, Android has come a hell of a long way since the G1. Writing it off because of that is silly :p

I've used Android from Eclair through to Jelly Bean and it's come on leaps and bounds lately.

Prefer iOS at the moment.

mackinmike

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2012
i have both. gotta say... i use the s3 more than the ip5. i love the dedicated back button and led indicator.
in terms of functionality, they both are on par with each other. the screen size of the ip5 is an embarrassment. so close yet so far.... ugh.

maybe with the ip6? that's the thing. apple suckers you with this crap. sorry i'm no longer a sucker.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
I've never owned an Android phone, but the S3 specifically has a really crappy display. I've used it for half an hour or so, and my head started to hurt. The pentile technology they use make sure that you really do see those pixels. And the calibration is way off (you notice it when watching photos). That's really bad if compared to the iPhone 4/5 retina quality.

To answer the question: no, I'm happy about my iPhone 5 and I wouldn't want an S3 instead.

misterjay

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Well to be fair, Android has come a hell of a long way since the G1. Writing it off because of that is silly :p

I've used Android from Eclair through to Jelly Bean and it's come on leaps and bounds lately.

Prefer iOS at the moment.

Lol, the G1 battery scared me away for good I think :D.

Dont get me wrong, SG3 is nice but as a long time iPhone user.. meh.. guess i prefer it over android no doubt.

@ OP, I do not regret getting the iPhone and currently content with it.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
No. I'd even stay with my 4S before the s3.
But, if I had to chose between an iPhone 4 and a S3... If I could somehow get full iCloud support on that thing... Maybe.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Lol, the G1 battery scared me away for good I think :D.

Dont get me wrong, SG3 is nice but as a long time iPhone user.. meh.. guess i prefer it over android no doubt.

@ OP, I do not regret getting the iPhone and currently content with it.

The Galaxy S3's battery life is excellent. It's not as good as the iPhone's, but the S3 has a lot more going on - full multitasking, lots of gesture/motion events, voice control for apps, etc. All of that is running all the time.

Having used the latest and greatest devices for both platforms, I don't think there's a clear cut winner. Both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages. The best thing about Apple is that they make everything truly simple and they come up with some fantastic ideas. AirPlay is a prime example of something that's really useful and incredibly easy to set up.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
If apple had stuck with a 3.5" display, I'd probably be holding an S3 or waiting for the next Nexus right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.