Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
hi guys,

im currently posting from the remote wong mo ying village in sai kung, new territories, hong kong. haveing a great time on vacation, but i have a macintosh related dilemma!!!:D

i went thruogh heathrow airport to get to dixons tax free, only to find they have no ipod shuffles.

as i am here, i know i may not get much of a discount, but i would still quite like to buy one for the times when i dont want to lug my ipod photo around. does anybody have any advice when buying here? (i will probably go to ocean terminal where there are loads of electronics shops:D) anybody ever bought an ipod in a country other than their own??

a very sp[ecific topic i know, but any advice would be great.

tastic

polo

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2004
hey there,

gladly help out a fellow Sai-Kungie!! Forget Ocean, Pacific and other Apple sellers as they can be pushy if you are a gwai lo. Instead, go to the Apple store on Stanley str in Central district round the corner from marks and spencer. Very friendly staff and even better prices. I get all my gear from there and never had any problems.

On a side note: Wo Ming Wo? Where exactly are you? If you can check out Pak Tam Chung nature reserve or Ho Hai wan for great snorkelling. Watch out for the stone fish!!

rgds, Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.