Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Getting the same on my MacBook Air on 10.8.2.

Not happy, need to download xcode tonight.

RASTERMAN

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
It is in homage to the first such scandal, which brought down a president. I believe it was called "Watergate-gate".

Actually the first "gate" was "Agate." It was very colorful. Next was Golden-gate or maybe it was Col-gate, I get those two confused. The presidential thingy came way after! :)

Cheers!

RASTER-gate

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Apple gets, what, 30% of revenue from the App Store? They know its broken. They're losing money every second. I'm sure they're on it.

ThinkPin

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
SF Bay Area
This is a reoccurring issue with Apple's stores and their Terms and conditions. I'm sick of dealing with this crap! Stop running this company like Apes.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Because of Bill Gates?:)

But seriously... I think it stems from Antenna-gate which I think was named the Watergate Scandal which was an attempt to cover up a break-in. Because Apple attempted to cover up the flaw of the iPhone 4 antenna it was named Antenna-gate.

Now, whenever Apple does something that to critic's eyes seems flawed, they just add a -gate at the end.

Specifically a break-in to the Democratic National Convention Headquarters by members of Nixon's re-election committee.

rhkaneko

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Could be that Apple is updating iTunes to 8.0, which seems like a pretty big upgrade. Apple's site said iTunes 8 was coming in October… if international stores don't have the problem, then maybe they get iTunes 8 later. This is my bet.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but if you go through all 42 pages and then agree, the app starts downloading and the ToS does not return. I guess they want to be able to say that you read all 42 pages and don't have a leg to stand on if you have a complaint or say that you didn't know about it.

KMS4S

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
I joined this forum specifically to seek help with my 4S w/ iOS6 experiencing this problem... guess that's that then lol. Good to know at least it's a mass problem and not specific to me!

This is very annoying.

nextyoyoma

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
workaround/issue resolved?

Either the issue is resolved for me or I found a workaround. Here is what I did:

1) Attempt to download/update an app.

2) Agree to terms and conditions as prompted.

3) Click on "Start shopping"

4) IMMEDIATELY download a free app.

Worked for me on the Mac App store. Although it may just be that they fixed the issue while I was doing this!

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Could be that Apple is updating iTunes to 8.0, which seems like a pretty big upgrade. Apple's site said iTunes 8 was coming in October… if international stores don't have the problem, then maybe they get iTunes 8 later. This is my bet.

iTunes 11, and they don't usually update things right at the beginning of the month

spasticapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012

iTunes 8? Why the hell are we going back to 2008?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.