Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nungster

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
"It is exactly like the iPad in every way. Except 1/8 it's size..."

Edit: I want pics. What's the deal, the Brazilians can't take crappy pictures like the Chinese? Roll out some pictures, Foxconn - Brazil!

Your math is incorrect.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I'll believe it when I see it. There's basically nothing new about this iPad or exciting in comparison to the current one.

A new iMac would be much more exciting at this point. A new Mac Pro would be even better at this point.

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX
"I want an iPad mini"
-Said no one ever

I have an original iPad, but it doesn't get all that much use. It's not enough of a jump in convenience as far as carrying it around goes in comparison to a Macbook.

If they release an iPad mini, I will almost definitely pick one up if the price is right. It would perfectly hit the sweet spot of something bigger than an iPhone for traveling.

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it. There's basically nothing new about this iPad or exciting in comparison to the current one.

A new iMac would be much more exciting at this point. A new Mac Pro would be even better at this point.

New and exciting about this iPad: Every freaking kid in the developed world will want one. And at ~$250, they will likely get one too. = Apple will sell 5 million plus by Christmas if they make them fast enough.

New and exiting about iMac: Spec bump, although a needed one. = Apple will sell maybe 10-20k by Christmas.

The world has gone mobile and your beloved Apple is a consumer products company, not a computer company.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
"I want an iPad mini"
-Said no one ever

I'll order 3 the day they are announced. Perfect Christmas gifts for the kids, who won't keep their sticky hands off my iPad. A smaller model with a lower price tag will fit the need perfectly.

Apple will sell a ton of these.

TXCherokee

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2012
My wife wants one, too. Family of 4. So 33% plus 25% is 58%. 58% of all people want one!

Glad to see some people have a sense of humor about this.

But, I do not believe your 58% statement. I happen to know that 73% of all statistics are made up.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Edit: I want pics. What's the deal, the Brazilians can't take crappy pictures like the Chinese? Roll out some pictures, Foxconn - Brazil!

With all of the leaks happening, I would suggest that Foxconn installs machine guard towers at crucial points in and around their factories. They should also thoroughly search everybody entering and leaving the premises.

Thieves and criminals should know that if you try to steal Apple products, then you might end up in deep ****. That might make them think twice before stealing.

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
Glad to see some people have a sense of humor about this.

But, I do not believe your 58% statement. I happen to know that 73% of all statistics are made up.

BUT 73% of the time, it works EVERY time.

;)

On a serious note, I can see buying 1 of these for sure, possibly 2 if they're priced around $249 - $299.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.