Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlluna

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Holly Michigan
I did the update and when i started iPhoto to do the upgrade it said it could not find some pictures and now i am missing pictures

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Can somebody expain why is the last version (9.4) 1.61GB and new one 1.14GB? Did they rid of all bad code :confused: I truly wish that that is the case :)

Updates only replace the parts that have changed. So I'd assume fewer changes this time than last time. Or said the other way, more remains the same this time.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany

3.4 fu**ed up really bad.
Thank God I have Time Machine, I was able to get my prior library version back and use an older version of Aperture, waiting for an update.

I was saddened by the fact that Apple removed all the bad reviews from the App Store in the German MAS for version 3.4...
As if it never happened.
Not even a word to us photographers who undoubtedly rely on this probably just as much as on their OS.
Actually, if you had invested into Lightroom, it IS more important than the OS, as Lightroom let's you even run the library in another OS.

Oh Apple... What happened to Quality Control?

Seems like they mess up their App Store offerings quite often as of late:

• Podcasts
  • iPhoto (what is this BS about no Synch with iPhoto/Aperture on my Mac?)
  • Aperture 3.4
  • Not App Store, but buggy as hell either way: Messages on Mac

Oh and I'm fairly certain I missed something...

Glassed Silver:mac

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
Full screen mode seems to me running a bit more smoothly for me.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
I haven't tested it in 9.4.1 but in the latest Aperture the old FB bug still exists. sync a photo called, say, img_0987.jpg and that appears as the comment under the photo in FB. Edit the comment to something like "Wow! Now that's what I call a pizza :)" and the next time Aperture or iPhoto syncs, then that's the name the photo (version in Aperture) changes to in iPhoto/Aperture :mad:

Since this has been around forever and Apple have never fixed it I can only assume that they consider it a feature, not a bug. I can't see any reason why that could be even remotely useful but, if they must sync from FB at least put the damn comment in the metadata (since that's what it is really).

Makes being able to post to FB directly from the app totally useless.

cybergrisu

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
... and what about iPhoto Journals?
I hate to sync all my photos to an iOS device to make a journal.

salem

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
I updated this morning, was only a small update for me but since the update i have found the app next to useless.

It opens fine but then is very unresponsive, when it will eventually let me open a folder it freezes and i have to force quit it.

I have tried all the repair options for the library, database etc but no luck.

Was fine yesterday before this update.

Any ideas????

Gizmo22

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2009
Midwest USA
1.14 GB on a early 2011 15". No issues with the update, but I cannot say I have played with it enough yet to really test it

macleod199

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
DAMMIT! It just got my Mac cleaned up and working normally again after last week's updates. If I wanted nonstop maintenance I would have bought one of those $200 PCs at Costco!

Bug fixes are the kind of maintenance I like, unlike, say, figuring out how to get podcasts back in the music app....

NYMinute

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2011
Maybe size depends on how you got it?

Just a wild guess here but maybe people that had iPhoto pre-installed in their Macs pre-Lion are getting the 1Gig plus update. My Early 2011 IMac came with Snow Leopard and iLife pre-installed (and in a disc) and the size of my update was over 1 Gig. iPhoto does not appears as purchased when I go to the Mac app store.

Can the people with updates in the 40 Megs indicate if they got their Macs with Lion/mountin Lion and have their iPhoto from the Mac app store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.