Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
New Sprint user here. I receive text notifications, even voicemail, but my phone will not ring or show that I've missed a call. I do, however, get call waiting notifications when I'm on a call. That is the only time I can tell when a call is coming in. I hope nobody else is experiencing this, but let me know if you do. Any advice..other than switching back to AT&T?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Alright, I'll ask...did you make sure the ringer volume is up, that the mute switch is not on?

chris566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
Alright, I'll ask...did you make sure the ringer volume is up, that the mute switch is not on?

:) yes, phone is turned up and mute switch isn't on. I get no notifications that an incoming call came through.

----------

Do you stil have your AT&T phone on? To verify the port is complete, check your port stats here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet

Also you can try calling your number and see if the AT&T device still rings. That would also indicate the port is not complete.

Dave

Thanks. Here is the port status:

We are sorry, we could not locate a port request for the number that you entered. Please check the number and try again. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

ZAIZAIZO

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
2ef32
missing calls no ring

In just one day I had something like 10 missing calls and my iphone 5 was on my desk.
What a disaster, customers think I don't want to answer.
I'M TIRED OF THIS SITUATION.
i PHONE 5 IS A FLUNK!:mad:

Cripps

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
In just one day I had something like 10 missing calls and my iphone 5 was on my desk.
What a disaster, customers think I don't want to answer.
I'M TIRED OF THIS SITUATION.
i PHONE 5 IS A FLUNK!:mad:

How can you tell that it is your phone and not the carrier?

C0SM0

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
I've had this happen to me several times also. However, I didn't port my number. I just upgraded my phone through AT&T. I'll probably call AT&T tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully I won't need to replace my iPhone because mine looks flawless so far.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Do not disturb?
My friend wasn't getting notified of calls and he had do not disturb on.

If that's not it, try a factory restore.

C0SM0

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
Do not disturb?
My friend wasn't getting notified of calls and he had do not disturb on.

If that's not it, try a factory restore.

No, do not disturb is off...I checked. It's funny, this doesn't happen all the time. I imagine that I receive most calls, but knowing that some don't go through is troubling.

Thanks for the tip about doing a restore. I'll try that as a last resort before going to the Apple Store.

Acuraman01

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
I am also suffering from this problem. If I call my phone 10 times, it may ring 3 or 4 times! I have contacted sprint & apple with no resolution. I have tried a reset, restore, refresh, service update, & I even got a replacement phone. I am having the same issues!

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
:) yes, phone is turned up and mute switch isn't on. I get no notifications that an incoming call came through.

----------

Thanks. Here is the port status:

We are sorry, we could not locate a port request for the number that you entered. Please check the number and try again. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

I thought you had sprint... :confused:

chris566

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
I thought you had sprint... :confused:

I thought that maybe this was a tool to checks port status on a universal (US) level. I don't know.

Anyway..it turns out to be a problem with Sprint LTE upgrades and one tower in particular that my house uses. Still having the same problem in Charlotte, NC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.