Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GameFreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
What is Safe sources for Cydia to download apps?:confused:
What do u need to avoid Malwares?:eek:
what makes a Jailbroken iPhone slow?:(
and do Jailbroken iPhone drains a lot of battery?
could you provide safe sources of games and apps.

and could i open app store even if i jailbroke my iPhone?

my device is iPhone 4S :p

hope im clear enough..

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Yes, iTunes works the same on a jailbroken phone.

Do not use cracked apps and your iDevice will be safe.

Do not add any dangerous sources (piracy sources) to Cydia and your iDevice will be safe.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
on the 4s it will not slow down until you put loads of tweaks and apps on it, the more you put on, the more it will drain as well, some tweaks have background processes.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
What is Safe sources for Cydia to download apps?:confused:
What do u need to avoid Malwares?:eek:
what makes a Jailbroken iPhone slow?:(
and do Jailbroken iPhone drains a lot of battery?
could you provide safe sources of games and apps.

and could i open app store even if i jailbroke my iPhone?

my device is iPhone 4S :p

hope im clear enough..

As the others have stated, don't use pirate repos. The official ones are safe. Don't listen to people (mostly Apple or their forum zealots) that state the opposite of the latter, lying jailbreaking is really unsafe.

rogerbarrett

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
There are many sites through which you can download apps for your jailbroken Iphone. I suggests you to Google it. :)

GameFreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
As the others have stated, don't use pirate repos. The official ones are safe. Don't listen to people (mostly Apple or their forum zealots) that state the opposite of the latter, lying jailbreaking is really unsafe.

im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again ;)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
im just sick of my iDevice, what kind of phone you cant add an external memory, and cant use your own ringtones without paying.
im the type of person who barely pays for online purposes. not because of financial reasons. i just dont trust technology when it comes to money transfer.

also if my iphone gets hacked when its jailbroken, id updated then jailbreak it again ;)

What response do you want ?

None of this has anything to do with this thread.

timychann

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

Wait. You're saying you jailbroke to pirate apps and music? Nice one...
You can make your own ringtones anyways, get the length, re-encode as m4a, change to m4r, add ringtone to phone, easy as that.

Don't install thousands of tweaks and you won't slow down. Don't add piracy repos and you won't get malware. Change your SSH password. And finally, if you just jailbroke to pirate apps, then I don't think I really want to help.

Anyways, good tweaks that I use
SBSettings
MobileTerminal
f.lux
Zephyr
ManualCorrect
SwipeSelection
Activator

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
thought id post here since its somewhat related to this thread :)
anyone know a good app/tweak that lets me rearrange the icon rows. there's an app on cydia called gridlock, but i believe its paid. basically want to clear the 1st row of my apps on my homescreen to make room for a weather/clock widget :p
TIA!

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
almost all the good tweaks are in the official repos, some tweaks have their own repos when they are in beta stages, until final release.

XBMC has its own repo, you can add that if you want that program. The app updates a few times a year (plus some hotfixes right after major releases).

The biggest problem with pirated repos are that they lagg somewhat behind in versions. Ranging from a day to a month (mostly just a day or two).

My iPad have some poppups now and then (not often, every third week or so) stating that I have won an iPhone 4S. I suspect a stupid app from the appstore, or an app from a crackrepo.

GameFreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
What response do you want ?

None of this has anything to do with this thread.

i quoted a post for to reply.

----------

Wait. You're saying you jailbroke to pirate apps and music? Nice one...
You can make your own ringtones anyways, get the length, re-encode as m4a, change to m4r, add ringtone to phone, easy as that.

Don't install thousands of tweaks and you won't slow down. Don't add piracy repos and you won't get malware. Change your SSH password. And finally, if you just jailbroke to pirate apps, then I don't think I really want to help.

Anyways, good tweaks that I use
SBSettings
MobileTerminal
f.lux
Zephyr
ManualCorrect
SwipeSelection
Activator

still havent jailbroke. my iPhone is disabled i just dont want to update it and jailbreak it instead.

Perfect heads up:cool::cool:

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

You can use your own ringtones without paying and without jailbreaking. Just drag them into iTunes. If you want to jailbreak for piracy reasons, we're not going to help you do that. And honestly, piracy has a risk of malware infection and confusion. I tried to pirate the AIM app so that I could get the old, non-retarded version, which was free anyway, and I got a version that didn't work properly.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
The biggest problem with pirated repos are that they lagg somewhat behind in versions. Ranging from a day to a month (mostly just a day or two).

"Biggest"? The biggest problem with them is that there are so few paying customers in Cydia that devs simply won't develop any high-profile tweaks (DisplayOut, Quasar, Skype Recorder, RetinaPad, FirewallIP - just to name a few commercial tweaks really worth paying for) if they know they in no way will be compensated for their efforts / time because everyone is pirating their tweaks...

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
"Biggest"? The biggest problem with them is that there are so few paying customers in Cydia that devs simply won't develop any high-profile tweaks (DisplayOut, Quasar, Skype Recorder, RetinaPad, FirewallIP - just to name a few commercial tweaks really worth paying for) if they know they in no way will be compensated for their efforts / time because everyone is pirating their tweaks...

Not everyone pirates.
Many of us pay for our Cydia apps.

Sadly. there are too many who believe it is OK to steal.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway

You are neither wrong nor right.

You can be successfull on Cydia. But one successfull programmer claimed he had 97% pirate rate for one of his tweaks. thats 97 pirated copies for every 3 payed copies. We will never know if he lied about the number, but he probably did not. Said programmer is a private person, and student, and lives of profits from Cydia sales very comfortably.

This developer is Aron Ash, the developer of Multifl0w and he spesifically states that pirated copies does not equate to lost sales.

“it’s hard to know what’s a lost sale,”

http://www.cultofmac.com/193576/a-jailbreakers-perspective-on-the-pros-and-cons-of-developing-for-the-app-store-vs-cydia-jailbreakcon/

Things are not black and white, but you are not all wrong

I buy tweaks, I have pirated some too, a lot of which I have deleted and never used again because they were rubbish or I didn't want them. Some tweaks are Illegal in countries but not in my country, these are also in crack repos. And beta or alpha of some apps leak to crack repos to. And some legal tweaks are exclusive to some crack repos (idk why but only found there).

It is not my intent to promote crack repos here, my advice is to try to keep away from them. But misinformation is even worse. Its like drugs, even cocaine has medical uses (they do use it for instance to reduce bleeding in operations and more), ecstasy has been used as a psycho therapeutic drug in conjunction with therapy, but that does not mean that it is okay to have an infomercial on TV where a woman crushes an egg and says "This is your brain on marijuana" that's out right deceitful.

Sorry, I got a bit carried away, but I still stand for what I'm writing.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]

Discussion of piracy, asking for help getting pirated apps or cracking apps is not permitted.

Forum Rules

These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.
6. Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.