Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I'm thinking about buying the iPhone 5 at Best Buy but couldn't find AppleCare on their website for purchase. Can I not buy AppleCare with a Best Buy purchased iPhone? Is the warranty different bases on whether or not you get it at the official Apple Store?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm thinking about buying the iPhone 5 at Best Buy but couldn't find AppleCare on their website for purchase. Can I not buy AppleCare with a Best Buy purchased iPhone? Is the warranty different bases on whether or not you get it at the official Apple Store?

Yes, you can buy AppleCare for any iPhone within 30 days, but you must take it to an Apple store.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I bought mine from AT&T and only could get AppleCare+ at time of purchase. Called apple today and bought AC+ over the phone. Apple rep said i had 30 days ftom time of purchase. Saved me an 80 mile trip.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
If you buy an iPhone, go online at Apple.com and register your device. You can buy AppleCare+ at that time, too, and extend your support.

JuanSrq

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Not from amazon and best buy doesn't sell AppleCare they sell geek squad protection

PrestonWard

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Can't you just buy Applecare+ from Amazon with the 30 day window?

No amazon sells the old applecare which works with everything from a 4s and back. Applecare+ has to be added in store within 30 days if you did not purchase it with your order. They will inspect your phone before the sale.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I took my launch day phone into the Apple store on Sunday. I was in and out in five minutes with AppleCare. No genius appointment needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.