Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
What's your dream? Our dream is to travel around the world, so we create this app to remember everywhere we have been in our whole life time. This app also shows the percentage of area you have been around the world, around a continent, or even around a country. It's designed as a real-life game that you need to remove the fog on the map by exploring around the world. It also helps you to find out places nearby but you might never know.

The app website: http://www.fogofworld.com

See where you have been in your whole life time.
attachment.php

Know what continent and percentage of countries you have been.
attachment.php

Know more about a continent you have explored.
attachment.php

Get the idea of what percentage of area you have explored around a country.
attachment.php

Integrated with the Game Center.
attachment.php

Attachments

• iPhone_01.png
    iPhone_01.png
    966 KB · Views: 4,555
  • iPhone_02.png
    iPhone_02.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 2,841
  • iPhone_03.png
    iPhone_03.png
    261 KB · Views: 2,778
  • iPhone_04.png
    iPhone_04.png
    606.3 KB · Views: 2,848
  • iPhone_05.png
    iPhone_05.png
    249 KB · Views: 2,766
Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
This honestly looks interesting.
(Wish you could have provided an iTunes LINK.)

::Whoops:: I see now where you state, coming soon...

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
This honestly looks interesting.
(Wish you could have provided an iTunes LINK.)

The first version of this app was just submitted to Apple and is waiting for review now. It should be available in a few days if everything is fine. :)

techiegeek1225

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
Wow. What an interesting app! I am just so looking forward to its release! I hope it could be linked to social networking sites like FB too. Very fresh idea. Kudos!

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Wow. What an interesting app! I am just so looking forward to its release! I hope it could be linked to social networking sites like FB too. Very fresh idea. Kudos!

Thank you. :D Linking to the social networking is on our future plan. We're still working on some features that need to be done before version 1.0 released, such as iCloud support and support for importing GPX files.

techiegeek1225

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
like, like, like, like

Now where is the drooling face in here? Haha!
Well, I’m a traveler myself and I just love posting my pics on FB and Instragram. Not really bragging about it but just being proud of it and like to be sharing my pics of other places and stuffs that I’ve learned from other culture too.
Quote me if this has been released, ok? Thanks dude!

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Well, I’m a traveler myself and I just love posting my pics on FB and Instragram. Not really bragging about it but just being proud of it and like to be sharing my pics of other places and stuffs that I’ve learned from other culture too.

Sure. BTW, if you did travel a lot. You may also want to purchase a separate GPS device for recording your tracks. You will be able to import them (by converting them to GPX files) in the second or third version of Fog of World (it should come within a month since the first version released). You know, the airplane mode in iPhone makes the GPS signal much weaker because AGPS is unavailable. A separate GPS device also helps you to save your iPhone's battery. :)

Last edited:

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011

Hi, techiegeek1225,

The app is now available on the App Store, you can download it at http://goo.gl/lmbKm. Or check out the official app website: http://www.fogofworld.com :D

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Downloaded yesterday and just reviewed.
Terrific app!
Thanks for providing this app. Obviously much work went into the creation of it.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Interesting app that you have there and it'll make good use of the GPX files that I have accumulated over the years. However, I'll wait until it goes on sale before I buy it. I think the developer should consider putting the app back on sale given the buzz the app is having. $4.99 is a bit pricey for this app.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I'm surprised that no one else is interested in this app. Maybe a sale will get things going now that Black Friday is around the corner? ;)

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Nice concept and App, the main reason people will not use it or paying for it: privacy, and that all 'my data' will be used for someone else profit, it should be free unless you want I be cool.

olliwang

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Nice concept and App, the main reason people will not use it or paying for it: privacy, and that all 'my data' will be used for someone else profit, it should be free unless you want I be cool.

Nope, your data is totally saved in your phone. No data will be uploaded to any other servers unless you choose to backup your data to Dropbox (this feature will come in version 1.2), but only you have access to your Dropbox. That said, no one will use your data for profit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.