Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altec Inc

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
Hirtshals, DENMARK
Australian Apple Store is showing delivery in "3 weeks".
If I enter my delivery address as Milsons Point (Postcode 2000), I get a delivery date of 29/10/2012.

Last edited:

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Hmm, very interesting and great find. I'm taking it that this was changed recently or is the first time anyone has been to the Australian Apple Site?

If this is the case for those ordering right this second, I wonder if those that pre-ordered last month could have theirs shipped out sooner? What I'm alluding to here is that maybe there was an initial allocation that would ship sooner and this is a date for a "second wave".

Either way, it's still all speculation, but thanks for posting this tidbit.

Altec Inc

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
Hirtshals, DENMARK
I checked the Australian Apple store yesterday and it only said "Ships: October" and that the delivery date was "October".

So it has only recently been updated.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
I checked the Australian Apple store yesterday and it only said "Ships: October" and that the delivery date was "October".

So it has only recently been updated.

The U.S. online Apple Store is now saying "3 weeks" as well. Hmmm? I guess Apple is really stretching that ships in October thing to the limit :cool:

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Hmmm, still seeing October in the US online store. My order says the same as well...

Sure you're not still on the Australian site?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Me too. What I meant was, it's gone from "October" to "3 weeks" for a shipping estimate under the "Buy" button in the online store.

i think this means that if you haven't pre-ordered and are starting now to think about buying an iPod Touch 5g, then you will have to wait for upto 3 weeks to get your order.....

in other words: if you haven't pre-ordered, you will not get your iPod Touch 5g until the end of October; if you have pre-ordered, then you might get it earlier.... ( just implying here, nothing here is confirmed )

just my 2 cents...

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
i think this means that if you haven't pre-ordered and are starting now to think about buying an iPod Touch 5g, then you will have to wait for upto 3 weeks to get your order.....

in other words: if you haven't pre-ordered, you will not get your iPod Touch 5g until the end of October; if you have pre-ordered, then you might get it earlier.... ( just implying here, nothing here is confirmed )

just my 2 cents...

Exactly. My pre-order status still says "October", but if you start placing a brand new order for one in the online store, it will give a "3 weeks" estimate. :)

Iphone 2.2

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Exactly. My pre-order status still says "October", but if you start placing a brand new order for one in the online store, it will give a "3 weeks" estimate. :)

I just placed an order like 30 mins ago for the 5th gen iPod, and under the buy it now option it said ships in october.

then shortly got the email confirming my order, and it said processing and also ships in october not 3 weeks. weird like some people are seeing 3 weeks and some october lol.

even though everyone will get it sometime in october who ordered it.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I just placed an order like 30 mins ago for the 5th gen iPod, and under the buy it now option it said ships in october.

then shortly got the email confirming my order, and it said processing and also ships in october not 3 weeks. weird like some people are seeing 3 weeks and some october lol.

even though everyone will get it sometime in october who ordered it.

there you go, and just like that, my "theory" has been proven incorrect ;)

Xeblade

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
Looks like Apple can't keep their "October" promise.
I was on the NZ website and it has also changed to 3 weeks and I am told the delivery is 2nd November.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 11.37.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 11.37.45 AM.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 929

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Looks like Apple can't keep their "October" promise.
I was on the NZ website and it has also changed to 3 weeks and I am told the delivery is 2nd November.

The whole thing is a bit strange. I wonder what the hold up is? My best guess is probably supply constraints...

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
The whole thing is a bit strange. I wonder what the hold up is? My best guess is probably supply constraints...

1) We are waiting on an update to iTunes (a bunch of other post explain why).
2) Supply constraints: iPhone delivery is out 4 weeks and that is a higher priority.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
1) We are waiting on an update to iTunes (a bunch of other post explain why).
2) Supply constraints: iPhone delivery is out 4 weeks and that is a higher priority.

the only thing that makes this argument seem legit is that iPod touch and the iPhone 5 share the same IPS display...if there was a new article that directly claimed that there is a shortage of the IPS displays then maybe the iPod Touch release date would be pushed back...

also the Cook letter mentioning "in the next several weeks..." implies that iPod touch is slated to be released on time....

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
I sure hope it's not late October - not for me, because I've got an iPad - but for a relative who had her Touch stolen and rather than immediately replace it with another 4th gen, opted to preorder the latest.

You never realize how much you rely on the technology until it's not available.

Xeblade

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
I sure hope it's not late October - not for me, because I've got an iPad - but for a relative who had her Touch stolen and rather than immediately replace it with another 4th gen, opted to preorder the latest.

You never realize how much you rely on the technology until it's not available.

I totally agree! I didn't have my iPod Touch for over 2 weeks due to repair and I was amazed by how much I relied on it being a high school student.

Jordan the Nerd

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
New Zealand
Well at least we finally have a date. 2nd of November is what it says for me.
I'm starting to regret selling my 3rd generation iPod touch last month.

Project538

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Iowa, USA
So it looks like some of the international stores are getting more precise shipping dates then. Anybody in the States have a more precise date? My order (I'm in the US) still says October, and if I go to the page where you'd normally place a new order that says October as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.