Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A420Turbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
NY
Just looked at my att iPhone 5 and saw LTE any one else from Long Island NY seeing it?

A420Turbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
NY
Near Nassau Coliseum and a friend in long beach just noticed it as well. Pretty weird cause I called AT&T today to complain about ****** service an they said 15 towers in the area are being worked on and couldn't tell me why or when it will be resolved. The funny part I said kidding around "well if u told me you were adding LTE to my area ill forgive you" didn't think if ever be saying this but thx AT&T lol

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Near Nassau Coliseum and a friend in long beach just noticed it as well. Pretty weird cause I called AT&T today to complain about ****** service an they said 15 towers in the area are being worked on and couldn't tell me why or when it will be resolved. The funny part I said kidding around "well if u told me you were adding LTE to my area ill forgive you" didn't think if ever be saying this but thx AT&T lol

Dammm.......no LTE here.....Im about a 15 minute drive from the coliseum......

rossihvac

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
I'm in Rockville centre, it looks like they finally turned it on 33down and 10up

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Nope, the att guy at the apple store said all of nassau should be covered by the end of the year, and then suffolk by the half of 13.

A420Turbo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
NY
It's switched back and forth from LTE to 4g twice in the past hr currently 4g again :(

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
I'm near the coliseum and I have LTE right now when I checked.. awesome.

I used to get 2-3 bars inside the house before and I was getting <1mbps dl.. now Im getting over 20 with the same 2-3 bars.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
im in freeport in the middle of like RVC and uniondale and i have nothing? boo. also att map still says no LTE

AllStarCelica

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Long Island, NY
funniest thing....i pull into work at 7:40am today in Lawrence by Rockaway Tpke and I go to turn my phone into do not disturb mode and I saw the LTE indicator for the first time ever. i got 21 up 12 down via the speedtest app. i went into my building and went back to 4G all day and evening.

i came online just now and saw this thread. sure enough, i turned off wifi and theres the LTE indicator. im on the border of hempstead and garden city by national liquidators and got as high as 18 down 10 up and as low as 6 down 3 up. still better than long island 3G lol

im happily surprised cause i didnt think they were going to be turning on the switch for a while

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Is anyone in Nassau still getting LTE? I just saw this thread an enabled LTE but I'm not getting anything. I've heard some people have to call ATT to get there phone to pick up LTE, and some people have had to turn LTE on and off multiple times before it worked. I dont want to start doing all this until I can confirm LTE is still working in the area.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
They are turning on an LTE tower in East Islip in 2 weeks... 1 min from my house... my neighbors will get hit with nuclear LTE radiation but I will have a l33t LTE connection! :D

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Just came back on for a minute but it wont stay on. Speeds are real ******.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.