Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shmiluy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
My iphone 5 does not come with sim card eject pin.
WHAT IF I NEED TO EJECT THE SIM CARD? I can't believe there is no pin in the box!!!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
WHAT IF I NEED TO EJECT THE SIM CARD? I can't believe there is no pin in the box!!!

None of them do since the 4 I think, or the 4S.

Paper clip?

andrewxle

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Check inside the booklet with all the information and paperwork. I thought mine did not come with it either until i checked the little white booklet.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
US iPhone 4's and newer, I think don't come with SIM ejector tools. However, the pin on the end of the tool happens to be the same gauge as the wire of a paperclip, so a paperclip is a suitable stand-in tool.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.

1120259.jpg

ARSC

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
US version does not come with a pin but all other versions have it.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I'm pretty sure the 3GS was the last iPhone that came with an apple "sim eject tool".
I still have mine.
Use a paper clip, and calm down.

Max Book

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2008
My AT&T branded iPhone 5 did not come with the tool but my wife's unbranded iPhone 4s did come with one.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
Well when I got my iPhone 4, it's didn't come with the sim tool. It really was a wasted tool, since a paper clip works just fine.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

Is this a joke? Are you seriously that senseless that you think you need a tool to eject the sim? How can you even dial a phone number? How could you sign up for a macrumors account and post a comment? I think you must be kidding. Isn't this textbook trolling?

6. Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Really? I never knew this. I bought my iPhone 4 from Canada, it comes with a pin. My 4S was bought from apple store USA, unlocked version, also comes with a pin. My second 4S which was bought in Indonesia cuz some ****** stole my iPhone, also comes with a pin.

Why did apple remove the pin? I know a simple paper clip will solve the problem, but they should have included it.

Soo.. only international/unlocked version comes with a pin?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

If you give me your address I'll send you one as long as you promise to never post on macrumors again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.