Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project538

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Iowa, USA
I just went to check my order status one final time before going to bed and couldn't view the store. Got the standard "We'll be back" page. The plot thickens!

flipninja

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2011
Hawaii
I don't know if it may pertain to the new iPods, but when I click "buy now", it takes me to the "We'll be right back" screen:D

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
That's all I want, an expectation if a realistic date as opposed to a generic window. Iff to bed, hopefully I wake up to some pleasant news!

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
It's down for me too.

Someone on 9to5mac (I know I know, I'm being disloyal) said their card has just been charged. So... Maybe yeah?

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
It's down for me too.

Someone on 9to5mac (I know I know, I'm being disloyal) said their card has just been charged. So... Maybe yeah?

Oh that would be great! I checked an nothing on my credit card yet. I didn't order say one since I wanted to sell my galaxy 5 before getting it so don't go by me. My order was on the 20 th of September.

How exciting!

Project538

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Iowa, USA
It's down for me too.

If their card has been charged, does that indicate it has shipped? I'll have to ask my dad in the morning if he's seen a charge hit his card (we used his since I don't have a credit card)

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
The store is back up for me...and still says October. :(
My card hasn't been charged either..so back to waiting I guess.

At this rate, the ipad mini and G5 powerbook will be out before the damn touch.
Come on Apple! ship them!

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
The store is back up for me...and still says October. :(
My card hasn't been charged either..so back to waiting I guess.

At this rate, the ipad mini and G5 powerbook will be out before the damn touch.
Come on Apple! ship them!

apple store still down for me as of now...

Attachments

• apple store down 10.4.12 2.png
    apple store down 10.4.12 2.png
    763.4 KB · Views: 91

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
apple store down for me too. UK store, btw

It's back online, but nothing's has changed: When you click "Buy now" on the product page and order a new one, it will be shipped in "October"... Apple, what's that?? :confused:

Edit: Only the US Store is online yet...
Edit 2: Now it's online worldwide, but there's nothing that seems to have changed.

Last edited:

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
It's back online, but nothing's has changed: When you click "Buy now" on the product page and order a new one, it will be shipped in "October"... Apple, what's that?? :confused:

Edit 2: Now it's online worldwide, but there's nothing that seems to have changed.

Also noticed no change as far as the iPod is concerned, but on the US store it allows the iPod to be purchased with 6 or 12 months financing...

Still says October shipping for Worldwide...

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area

Yeah, strange. Now it's gone from "3 weeks" back to just saying "October". I wonder if even Apple knows exactly when these things will start shipping? :p

Rad-o

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012

Maybe they set it so that it will be shown anotherday ? But i have a feeling we will get the ipod touch real soon , probably next week ^^

StephenVT

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Oh yeah.

"Preparing for Shipment We will send you an email when these items ship."

Ordered 9/15.

jari1995

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
mine isn't :( i ordered it on 14 september but i live in the netherlands, i guess it will be out here a week later or so

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
mine isn't :( i ordered it on 14 september but i live in the netherlands, i guess it will be out here a week later or so

The new iPhone 5, has it been released on 21st September in the Netherlands as it did in the US or France for instance, or did you get it one week later in your local retail stores?

jari1995

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
The new iPhone 5, has it been released on 21st September in the Netherlands as it did in the US or France for instance, or did you get it one week later in your local retail stores?

no, also a week later, i guess that kinda confirms it. dammed

Palhil

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Hi

Just a quick question for people who had experience of the last iPod launch.

Is it likely that I would be able to walk into an Apple store and buy an iPod Touch 5g on the day of release or would I have a much better chance if I just ordered on the web site now?

I don't know if iPods usually sell out really quickly in the stores. I don't want to bother queueing outside the store.

Thanks

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Is it likely that I would be able to walk into an Apple store and buy an iPod Touch 5g on the day of release or would I have a much better chance if I just ordered on the web site now?

Last year, when I bought the iPod touch 4G in white, I bought it on release day in an Apple Store. But I don't know how large the run on the iPod was. I am very sure, the run on this new iPod is huge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.