Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Was just at roosevelt field. Had full lte service. Hit 50 mbps. Looks like once you start going east of roosevelt field, you start dropping bars until it switches back to 4g.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Getting faster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 67

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
I was excited to see LTE turned on near my office today (Garden City/Uniondale) I was hoping it went throughout Nassau County, but unfortunately it dopped to 4G just west of the Wantagh Pkwy on the Northern State.

Do we have any idea if this still testing or a genuine rollout? If a rollout, anybody have any idea when the rest of Nassau will get LTE?

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
I was excited to see LTE turned on near my office today (Garden City/Uniondale) I was hoping it went throughout Nassau County, but unfortunately it dopped to 4G just west of the Wantagh Pkwy on the Northern State.

Do we have any idea if this still testing or a genuine rollout? If a rollout, anybody have any idea when the rest of Nassau will get LTE?

It should be a roll out......I keep hearing by the end of this year.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
in oceanside i get LTE outside but when i was in side waldbaums it was 4G, and on the way home LTE wasnt working at all going from o-side to freeport soooo idk if there still doing tests or what.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Off topic question...How did you get that Silver Apple badge wallpaper for iPhone i want one.

----------

I'm in oceanside and my iPhone 5 has been bouncing on and off of LTE all day. I hope that means they are getting ready to launch.

At least you guys are bouncing....I still go from 4G with LTE off to 4G with LTE on:D

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Off topic question...How did you get that Silver Apple badge wallpaper for iPhone i want one.

----------

I'm in oceanside and my iPhone 5 has been bouncing on and off of LTE all day. I hope that means they are getting ready to launch.

yea lots of bouncing lol. its odd how its not working in sometime in stores but works great outside. also have you guys notice the bars being lower with LTE? i know its still faster but its odd.

jeckels

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
yea lots of bouncing lol. its odd how its not working in sometime in stores but works great outside. also have you guys notice the bars being lower with LTE? i know its still faster but its odd.

I only seem to get 2 bars inside and 3 outside but i think once they are done it will be 5 bars....i cant wait even with just 2 bars the download is pretty fast.

Chaingang54

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
New York
I'm in Bellerose between Union Turnpike and Hillside, I get on and off LTE, mostly LTE but sometimes it'll be 4G for a little in certain places.

I've been experiencing the same spotty LTE on and off from approx 7PM until 12 AM - yesterday. I have 't seen LTE this morning yet.

The areas I had LTE last night were from Elmont, heading east to the Garden City Park/Westbury area. Some areas had a full, exciting 5 bars! Others [namely my neighborhood], had 1, 2, 3.

I'm Hoping, like the rest of you, that once they fully implement this, we will all have a full 5 bars of rip-roaring LTE!

Cruzzinlow

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I was getting LTE also at my job.. Roslyn Heights/Albertson area on Willis ave & LIE service road

Swagged

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
Gotham City, New York
There's LTE on my block in Hempstead, off Front St. I was blazing a dubbie in a car with friends when I noticed it. :) We tested it against my friends iPhone 4s and all I can say, 'LTE=WIFI.'

Last edited:

tworth23

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
@Cscottrun. There are no yellow dots on Long Island. The only yellow dots I see are in Connecticut, above Long Island.

jeckels

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
I've been experiencing the same spotty LTE on and off from approx 7PM until 12 AM - yesterday. I have 't seen LTE this morning yet.

The areas I had LTE last night were from Elmont, heading east to the Garden City Park/Westbury area. Some areas had a full, exciting 5 bars! Others [namely my neighborhood], had 1, 2, 3.

I'm Hoping, like the rest of you, that once they fully implement this, we will all have a full 5 bars of rip-roaring LTE!

It's 1:59pm and I have LTE and had it all morning but only 2 bars. However I noticed that the 4G has seemed to only get 2 bars as well since LTE has been being spotted.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Tworth, maybe we are looking at different maps. I followed yellow dots all over long island.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 57

jeckels

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
@Cscottrun. There are no yellow dots on Long Island. The only yellow dots I see are in Connecticut, above Long Island.

you have to zoom in to long island to see all the yellow dots. But i dont think they have anything to do with LTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.