Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Hi

please advise me in question "Adobe Premiere Elements 11" vs. "iMovie '11". I am a little bit disappointed from iMovie and ask if PE is better :)

I don't do the filming myself. I receive (mostly poor quality) mobile phone videos, which I need to enhance and edit.

I am not a pro and have limited budget.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
What is it that you miss?

I just looked up premiere elements and I don't think it offers anything that's better than iMovie. I normally work with Premiere Pro, so I thought elements would be similar. But it's not, and I don't see how it would be better than iMovie.

iMovie gives you some great tools to make poor quality shots look better. Like a stabilizer and filters.

Software for professionals is not built to make poor quality look like high quality. It's to make high quality look good (and often only works with high quality).

panther69

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Yes, Premiere Elements Is Better Than Imovie 11

Yes Premiere Elements is better. Timeline with layers, keyframing, three way color correction, more effects and transitions come with it, audio effects with the ability to host 3rd party plugins, ability to host 3rd party video effects, more export and import options, audio mixer, organizer and more. Premiere Elements is perfect for someone who wants more options and power than you get with imovie. There's no need to blow $700 bucks on Premier Pro if a step up from imovie is all you want. It's a great option for mac.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I find the interface on Elements 11 far easier to use than iMovie and with native AVCHD support, no need to import and transcode, Elements 11 seems just easier to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.