Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I ordered a gsm version on ebay and the fool sent me one marked cdma. Is there any difference? The cracked screen/digitizer looks identical to the one I got. I cannot find a 100% answer so I come to the experts, you guys!

The phone I got is from Telus....

TYIA

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I ordered a gsm version on ebay and the fool sent me one marked cdma. Is there any difference? The cracked screen/digitizer looks identical to the one I got. I cannot find a 100% answer so I come to the experts, you guys!

The phone I got is from Telus....

TYIA

There the same

Edit my bad read thread title not thread as such

Last edited:

dominion155

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
the GSM and CDMA are just different radios/networks for the phones (aka, some wireless providers have different radios)

They should work perfectly fine together, as the body of every iphone is the same, regardless of carrier.

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The iPhone 4 CDMA screen is different from the GSM screen and will not fit. The pins and screw holes are different and do not line up. Internally, the two iPhone 4 models are designed slightly differently besides the wireless chip.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I am wondering if what I was sent is labeled wrong then. The mounts on the old screen are identical. I tried to find a side by side cdma and gsm picture but cannot. The cables look the same length and in same spot.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
See if it has a SIM slot. If it does, it's a GSM phone. If it doesn't it's a CDMA phone.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You have a GSM iPhone 4 then. Or you mistakenly have an iPhone 4S, but that is highly unlikely. Count the antenna breaks, three is an iPhone 4. Four breaks is an iPhone 4S.

Clipse79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
You have a GSM iPhone 4 then. Or you mistakenly have an iPhone 4S, but that is highly unlikely. Count the antenna breaks, three is an iPhone 4. Four breaks is an iPhone 4S.

It is a 4, just based on model number

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.