Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreeSpace

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012
Anyone notice that when you click 'Find a Store' the map icon is the old Google Maps one?

Last edited:

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
I use this app all the time, but I don't really care that it took Apple a while to get it updated. Which would you rather see? Should Apple have delayed the release of the iPhone 5 for this app? Or should they have released the iPhone 5 last quarter so they can recognize revenue from sales of 5 million phones before the end of last quarter. Geez, tough business decision. LOL

Honestly, how are you using this app all the time?

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Apple is being run like a ... how shall I say this... a normal company now. ;)

Release now patch later.

TableSyrup

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2012
I tried to update it yesterday. It's been sitting idle saying installing with no progress bar action. How do I cancel? I restarted my iP5 and still the same.

What the crap?

Monk Edsel

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
I tried to update it yesterday. It's been sitting idle saying installing with no progress bar action. How do I cancel? I restarted my iP5 and still the same.

What the crap?

Delete the app and download it again manually. Sometimes the installation will hang, it can happen to any app.

----------

...Just wanted to quip like some others: about time! First party apps should always take full advantage of new hardware on day one. It's bad enough so many third parties are taking so long. Apple must always set the good example, without exception.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm really surprised Apple wasn't ready to roll out the entire iPhone 5 "package" on launch day. Hardware shortages or gaps (lightning adapter, cases) are one thing, but you'd think they would have all of their own software ready to go.

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone notice that when you click 'Find a Store' the map icon is the old Google Maps one?

When I searched for a store the map results were returned via Apple's Maps, not Google's. curious that yours did not.

EDIT - OK I re-read your post - you are referring to the ICON, not the app. Yes, you are correct, it is displaying the old Maps app ICON.

ScottInTheOC

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
The OC
I noticed that EasyPay doesn't work in iOS6 anymore. Anyone else see this? I was at the Apple Store and they didn't know why either...

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Two things:

1) I'm sorry but I HATE the icon for this app. It is very ugly and childlike and unapple like. Why isn't it just their logo like the stores? See my mockup below.

Please change the icon Apple!

2) Are they ever going to add iPad support for this app?

Attachments

• AppleStoreApp-Icon.png
    AppleStoreApp-Icon.png
    801.6 KB · Views: 62

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
I'm confused - before this update there seemed to be lots of people saying that the app was 'incompatible' with the iPhone 5. Did they just mean it didn't use the extra screen space? Less than a week after getting my iPhone 5 I used it to purchase a USB/Lightning cable in-store with no problem at all. What was the problem meant to be?

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I'm confused - before this update there seemed to be lots of people saying that the app was 'incompatible' with the iPhone 5. Did they just mean it didn't use the extra screen space? Less than a week after getting my iPhone 5 I used it to purchase a USB/Lightning cable in-store with no problem at all. What was the problem meant to be?

They just meant not using the extra space. Anyone who used "incompatible with" probably should have said "not yet optimized for."

ghostlyorb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
Virginia, USA
I have to say that I love how apps not updated fit right in the middle of the screen. While it looks weird to have the status bar not at the top of the screen, it was well done.

----------

Frequently?

I think he was referring to that if you are using the app a lot, you must be spending a lot of money...

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Two things:

1) I'm sorry but I HATE the icon for this app. It is very ugly and childlike and unapple like. Why isn't it just their logo like the stores? See my mockup below.

Really? It's the Apple Store app. That icon is a shopping cart with an Apple logo on it. Maybe the colors need to change or the rays of light need to go or something, but I can't think of a better icon for something that is intended for buying Apple products.

I think your icon would be good if instead of being the Apple Store app, the app was simply called "Apple" and offered everything Apple: store, support, accounts, investor relations, employment resources, news, etc.

----------

I think he was referring to that if you are using the app a lot, you must be spending a lot of money...

I think janderson0719 simply didn't recognize the idiom "all the time" and took it literally.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
My wish list:
  • iPad/iPhone universal
  • Employee Purchase Plan discount
  • Special Deals (refurbs and clearance)
  • Passbook for Apple gift cards
  • Ability to purchase and gift Apple gift cards
  • PIN security for order status
  • Integrated order tracking (instead of launching Safari) and push notification for order status change

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
So, what is it about the cases and bumpers? Why Apple is not selling any?

You can get those anywhere. They will let the third party vendors sale those.

----------

Two things:

Really.

You sure put alot of thought and time into your hate for this icon. Even got your own mock up too).

I just like have the app working and never gave much thought to the icon.

wkadamsjr

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Is rather poor so few apps been adapted. Makes a mockery of the new size screen

Honestly, I don't understand all the constant complaining about these apps not being optimized for the larger screen. Updating apps takes time. Patience is a virtue...:)

edenwaith

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2001
Big news?

Kind of sad that this report was also on the front page of Google News yesterday, as well. Must have been a slow news day in the tech world.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
I think janderson0719 simply didn't recognize the idiom "all the time" and took it literally.

I would hardly call "all the time" an idiom that really expresses a different meaning than what it clearly states.

You were merely being sarcastic in your "all the time" phrase.

Anyways - and beyond the Apple store - I look forward to an update to the eBay app supporting iPhone 5. Hopefully soon.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
they should ad new feature, called iPhone 5 engraving (surprise engraving),
you actually can't choose engravings but you get one directly from Foxconn :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.