Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Details please...when you have the time.

I'm really enjoying the quality of the images posted here in this thread of the forum.

As someone who is is trying to learn and improve shooting skills/technique and knowledge, I find it very helpful to see what you're doing in terms of gear (bodies, lenses, filters, handheld/tripod, etc.), lighting conditions and EXIF data associated with your great shots.

I find that I can get some of this information from Flickr but, depending on the way images are posted, sometimes there are no details at all.

Any image information you have the time to share is greatly appreciated...thank you. :) :) :)

Last edited:

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Looking out towards Mauna Loa in Hawaii

big_island-1948.jpg

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Today was our annual blessing of the animals during church. We have people bring their pets to the service and the blessing occurs during the service. Afterwards I took a few portraits of people with their pets.

Pet-Blessing-2012-10-07-32-XL.jpg

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Here's nother of the person and pet portraits from yesterday's church service.

Pet-Blessing-2012-10-07-31-XL.jpg

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
The people are fine, but the dogs look murderous... :eek:

Yeah, I know, they don't look like their actual personality. I wish they had the ability to show expression like we can. The first dog is really laid back and sweet in person.

The second dog has the lower teeth protruding, which makes it look menacing. That is the complete opposite of that particular dog's actual personality.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Loughrigg Fell...

Once again a beautiful photo Doylem; am particularly impressed with the color balance in this.

May I ask - do you set custom white balance for your shots, or use AWB? And again, what is your post workflow insofar as WB and color correction?

Thanks. I shoot raw, with auto white balance, and 'correct' in PP... though that's generally just a minor adjustment (and typically to 'cool' the colours a touch). PP is the bare minimum, really... generally a touch of contrast and saturation...

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
Shot with the Fuji X-Pro1.

Probably just me, but I like the b&w even more - and I really liked the color one!

----------

Thanks. I shoot raw, with auto white balance, and 'correct' in PP... though that's generally just a minor adjustment (and typically to 'cool' the colours a touch). PP is the bare minimum, really... generally a touch of contrast and saturation...

Aside from your ever-brilliant compositions, and master's touch with exposure, your camera is also doing you great service with it's AWB. I find that if I don't set a custom white balance, I probably have to adjust 25% or more of my photo's color - basic color cast corrections. Yours seem invariably spot-on.

Last edited:

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
Oregon Creek bridge

The first in a series of shots I took this weekend last at an old covered bridge here in the Sierra foothills. It's a landmark on the register of historical places, but sadly unprotected and unmaintained in this age of state budget woes - and so has fallen victim to all manner of abuse. Which is a shame. It was built in 1860, and survived a flood about 10 years after that literally picked it up and moved it downstream to it's current location, where it was set on new piles. Not so sure it will survive the vandals.

But graffiti and disrepair do make for some interesting photography ....

click to see full size on a darker background
8064740194_280f406e18_k.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 15mm 'fisheye', f/8, 1/13th, ISO 400, manual exposure, tripod, Aperture edits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.