Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Why is it I always get perfect units of each Apple product I buy and so many others seem to have such a hard time? :confused:

Same here.
I guess Im very lucky:D

I was like this on my iPhone 4, looking back now God what a douche I was. It seems that when you are this mode you find the tiniest flaws and make a big deal of them. Not only its a waste of time but its embarrassing and made me look like someone obsessed of a damn phone. Overtime I learned to live with minor flaws simply because I hate wasting time. It's just a phone I will replace in a year or two! I'm glad I kept my iPhone 5 despite the speck on camera lens which cause no harm on my pics. To me you didn't win, you wasted your time over a phone that will eventually wear out.

Well said.
It does get ridiculous.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Wow. I knew perfect iphone 5 units existed, but I was starting to lose hope. Heres my journey:

1st Phone: Launch day phone. Screen clear and nice, fast hardware, instant response. Problem: Camera broken/inoperable.

2nd Phone: Yellow screen. Dingy yellow. Saw it right away. Terrible.

3rd Phone: Clear screen, good camera, performance was off. Was no faster then my 4S, static on sreen, stuff kinda jumped around, maps struggled. Like I was missing a few GPU cores. Benchmarks in the low 1100s.

4th Phone: Great performance, camera works flawlessly, yellow screen. I just want the phone thats on display at the Apple store.

5th phone: I knew it! Most beautiful, bluist, clearest most amazing screen of the bunch (matched display phones). Camera is flawless. Performance is off the charts. Smooth maps, instant everything, flawless touch response. Got my highest LTE reading yet, 65Mbps. This is the phone I've been looking for.

Moral: If you thinkt he 5 feels just kinda faster then the 4s, or you arent Wowed by it's performance, get it replaced. If you think the screen on your 5 looks kinda yellow, but are trying to convince yourself it supposed to be that way due to glue or warmer calibration, get it replaced.

The phone Apple intended exists out there, I encourage you to find it. It's awesome.

What did the genius say when you brought up the yellow screen? I have the same problem, and hope I won't have to argue with them.

Did you buy directly from Apple?

Mikex6956

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Sorry to say that but since the half of the lauch of the iphone 4 every replacement than i got 4,4S,5 was so different (screencolor,scratch,hardware)
From new to refurbished!
It's been really hard to find one who in a perfect working order and a perfect cosmetic condition !
Dosen't care if apple got the best after sale service and swap every iphone they sale . Apple should stop pushing the blame to others and take the responsabilty of the final products.
At the end the name of the phone is a IPHONE !
5 millions sales VS 3 millions defects units
Come-on !

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
The comments in this post are hilarious. 5 iPhones, lol OP, you are something special.

Stinja

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've never had any issue with Apple products being defective out of the box.. :confused:

3 iPhone 5s, an iPad 3, and a Retina MBP: All purchased at or around their launch, all perfect out of the box.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
When I found out the problem with iPhone 5 supplies at stores, I was like, "Man, I have to wait for a while. I would have gotten it despite the problems I heard because they are software based :("

But after reading this....I guess it's good thing to wait for now. :p

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
I was like this on my iPhone 4, looking back now God what a douche I was. It seems that when you are this mode you find the tiniest flaws and make a big deal of them. Not only its a waste of time but its embarrassing and made me look like someone obsessed of a damn phone. Overtime I learned to live with minor flaws simply because I hate wasting time. It's just a phone I will replace in a year or two! I'm glad I kept my iPhone 5 despite the speck on camera lens which cause no harm on my pics. To me you didn't win, you wasted your time over a phone that will eventually wear out.

I both agree and disagree in a way..

There is principle in the matter if you pay $700+ for a premium product. If the marks on it are yours, so be it but if it comes from the factory like that I wouldn't accept it. I've replaced a few iPhones over the years for cosmetic and structural defects and edge on the obsessive with avoiding scratches, constantly cleaning it, etc.

After a while it does get psychologically taxing though. If it's very minor (and I mean if you have to stare and squint to pick out microscopic flaws) I have had to make myself forget it or else it wears on you. I've come to a point where I'm comfortable with minor imperfections because otherwise I'm just riling myself up.

-Reaper-

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Picky picky picky. Just be happy you have one at this moment because of all the mass demand for the product right now.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I both agree and disagree in a way..

There is principle in the matter if you pay $700+ for a premium product. If the marks on it are yours, so be it but if it comes from the factory like that I wouldn't accept it. I've replaced a few iPhones over the years for cosmetic and structural defects and edge on the obsessive with avoiding scratches, constantly cleaning it, etc.

After a while it does get psychologically taxing though. If it's very minor (and I mean if you have to stare and squint to pick out microscopic flaws) I have had to make myself forget it or else it wears on you. I've come to a point where I'm comfortable with minor imperfections because otherwise I'm just riling myself up.

This is why I look over my products, but I don't sit and stare and them I and defintely don't use magnifying tools. If it looks good after a 5-10 second review, it's good. But you know for a fact some people on here are going ******* crazy over the tinniest little things. It's actually part of the MR culture. I think a lot of people would never have noticed most of these issues if they hadn't been a part of this forum. Perfect example, look at what happened after the first person realized the glass on their 3G, 3Gs (and maybe original iPhone before that?) didn't sit flush with the silver bezel.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Too picky.

You want him to just settle with a broken camera or a yellow-tinted screen? Or at the best, a slow and unresponsive phone? Talk about low expectations... and this is Apple you're talking about, the king of high expectations. And don't you realize that an iPhone is the price of a full-sized, decent PC (and by that I mean a used Mac)?

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I've never had any issue with Apple products being defective out of the box.. :confused:

3 iPhone 5s, an iPad 3, and a Retina MBP: All purchased at or around their launch, all perfect out of the box.

That's because you've never bought an iMac G5 or a 2006 iMac.

----------

Op is pathetic. Apple should ban you from buying.

Gouge out your phone's camera, or color your screen yellow with a highlighter, before you start calling him pathetic.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Five bucks says he'll find something wrong with this one too. Maybe the inside of the headphone jack is .05mm too deep?

I can find something wrong with your "perfect" phone.

Better return it. Sheesh

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Second one is already perfect. This guy is the sole reason others couldn't get a phone.

The sad thing is, I doubt he's alone...anyone remember all of the " my iPad edges show too much light when there isa black screen and the brightness is turned all the way up" complainers?

Exio

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
How did they allow you to do 6 exchanges? Your a waste of resources and probably supplied half the first batch of refurbs. All because the screen looked a little yellow to you, or your phone felt slow, which by the way is impossible, as all the chips are produced the same. You than proceeded to waste even more resources by posting a thread about it. Good job.

Joey51

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
It amazes me

That anyone that spends 500-800 bucks or for that fact 200 or 300 bucks on an upgrade and then posts that they are not happy(there phone has obvious defects) is flamed by the fanboys,accused of being ocd or anal.

I returned 3 phones iphone 5 and went back to my 4s .
1st phone wifi problems
2nd phone screen bleed real bad
3rd phone scratched out of box

Granted it is a mass produced item but the fanboys here would accept a bag of steaming manure if apple was stamped on it and accept it happily and call everyone else crazy or ocd or sick.

If the fanboys want to accept poor quality control or defects-let them
My standards are much higher and so are other people's apparently

The fanboys should be flamed for accepting poor workmanship,defects and still kissing apple's a$@

Except for the lte which is lousy in my area anyway,the 4s will do me just fine until maybe someday apple can get there quality control together.

Sort of reminds me of gm in the 60's-if enough people tell you it is ok and there is no problem -we start believing them.

I know- before i get flamed by the fanboys ,there are perfect phones out there,
But as for me after 3 tries,piss on it.
And apparently a lot of other people have the same problem.

darkside flow

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Toronto
Personally I would never let something like that become psychologically taxing to me, my life or my daily existance.

Can't change the brain we are given - some are more critical than others for many reasons. You can try to make adjustments when you realize it though.

hollowplayer

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
That anyone that spends 500-800 bucks or for that fact 200 or 300 bucks on an upgrade and then posts that they are not happy(there phone has obvious defects) is flamed by the fanboys,accused of being ocd or anal.

I returned 3 phones iphone 5 and went back to my 4s .
1st phone wifi problems
2nd phone screen bleed real bad
3rd phone scratched out of box

Granted it is a mass produced item but the fanboys here would accept a bag of steaming manure if apple was stamped on it and accept it happily and call everyone else crazy or ocd or sick.

If the fanboys want to accept poor quality control or defects-let them
My standards are much higher and so are other people's apparently

The fanboys should be flamed for accepting poor workmanship,defects and still kissing apple's a$@

Except for the lte which is lousy in my area anyway,the 4s will do me just fine until maybe someday apple can get there quality control together.

Sort of reminds me of gm in the 60's-if enough people tell you it is ok and there is no problem -we start believing them.

I know- before i get flamed by the fanboys ,there are perfect phones out there,
But as for me after 3 tries,piss on it.
And apparently a lot of other people have the same problem.

We are not fanboys. All ur three exchanges were justified. Have you read the reasons for his exchanges? He's sick and parasite to the society.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.