Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Anyone here have this problem? It happened twice today so far. When I get the first notification for a new text and I check it. It would reboot.

macsoc

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
I had this problem too. Just got a black screen as I was using the phone..and turned out it was a reboot underway - it happend a few times on my 4S and has happend once in the week I have had the 5. Might be just me, might be iOS 6 issues... I would be interested to know if this is extremely rare or if other people have had similar issues. I can not repeat the error so thus have not escalated for repair, review etc.

californian

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
iPhone 5 rebooting

Mine is doing the same thing. It appears to be happening daily. I plug in in to charge before going to bed and when I get up the next morning the phone is off with a dead black screen. I have to boot it up but once up and running all seems fine.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Hasn't been happening to me since I posted it. But it is really random, wonder what causes it.

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
ive had this issue on the iphone 4s since upgradeing to iOS 6.... my iphone 5 has done the same thing..... though what fixed it for me was turning it off for 5 minutes and then turning it back on... i havnt had the issue on my iphone 5 since.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
this literally JUST happened to me. i think it's due to text messages.

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
this literally JUST happened to me. i think it's due to text messages.

when it happend to me i was in settings and i hit the home button and the phone would return to the home screen but it would freeze.... i could still take screenshots and flip the silent switch and it would viberate but nothing on screen except the frozen home screen..... after 2 minutes it would usually reboot.

FinchMonster

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Hate to dig up an old thread but this was highest ranking on google. I just had my i5 replaced yesterday for this very reason. Set it up as a new device and everything. I was listening to Pandora this morning and received a SMS, when I hit the home button to show the unlock screen, I saw the screen for a split second and then the Apple logo. Reboot FAIL! Is this an iOS 6 issue? It's getting old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.