Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has just begun notifying the first wave of customers who ordered the company's new Lightning to 30-pin Adapter that their orders are now shipping. MacRumors has received word from several readers located in Australia that their orders are now in transit, with one reader's shipping notification indicating that his shipment is due to be delivered on October 9.

lightning_adapter_ship.jpg
Apple is offering two versions of the adapter, a $29 direct plug adapter and a $39 adapter with a short cable. The adapters allow users to connect their new Lightning-enabled devices such as the iPhone 5 and forthcoming iPod touch and iPod nano models to docks and other accessories designed for the previous 30-pin dock connector.

(Thanks, MudgeeMac and Daniel!)

Article Link: Apple's Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter Begins Shipping

AppleFan115

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012
OMG! OMG! OMG! Can I call UPS and have them keep it at the hub, so I can go pick it up early morning? Should I go to the UPS hub early in case there are other people already waiting there?

Lol. Just kidding. It's about time. This adapter should have been available on launch day. Oh well.

Last edited:

ZackVLion

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2002
Can we track the flight our adapters are on? What factory and week number is your adapter? Will someone please post an unboxing video of our adapters? Are you guys standing in line at midnight or hoping to get an adapter earlier ordering from apple.com?

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Hopefully these items can be posted through the door to hole adapter ('Letterbox'). The clever thing about Letterbox is that you can shove things through it in either orientation. More traditionally, Doorbell and Knocker can be used to gain the attention of the occupier of the delivery address, but Letterbox is a faster and more efficient delivery method.

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Price for these adapters just sucks. I wonder if they will stay this price.:confused:

SatManager

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Las Vegas
Now to wait for the reports that they are scratched with a purple tint!

On a side note I think my lightning cable is defective. No flashes of light or thunder comes from my cable. lol

World Citizen

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
For al the price complainers
This adapter contains a chip... so the 30 dollars is more than worth it...
It's not just a simpel rewiring box.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Nice. Good to know, I was worried the adapter would slow down my iPhone order since I ordered them in the same order. Now I don't have to worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.