Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
For al the price complainers
This adapter contains a chip... so the 30 dollars is more than worth it...
It's not just a simpel rewiring box.

If Apple actually releases any product that is more than worth it I feel bad for the shareholders :D

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
Cables are almost always incredibly over-priced but this seems almost malicious. We figured out that the Thunderbolt cable was actually reasonably priced (shocking though that may be) but I can't see how this cable costs more than US$2-3 to actually make. If even that. Apple's scheme seems a little weird to me, that HDMI cable for the iPad was like US$39. Kinda makes me wonder.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Well, seeing as the Raspberry Pi can be $25 the real cost of these adapters and cables must be the high quality white plastic rather than the inclusion of a simple chip. It's the only logical explanation. You don't get a $25 Raspberry Pi in high quality white Apple plastic.

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a female 30 pin to male USB cable and a dual female USB adapter to bridge? I think it's like 7 bucks...

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
With everything else I could complain about, the pure fact that the short cable version of these is 39 dollars wants to make me never buy another apple product as long as I live, and I'm sort or a fanboi. Greed at its highest level. This is not business , it's robbery. F apple. I'm close to selling this phone and trying out the Nokia 920

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Only close? What else will it take to get you to actually leave Apple?
I just bought the 5. I didn't realize this. I'm Shocked others just don't care about this

----------

Pound my hole once shame on you, pound it twice shame on me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.