Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Please join me in welcoming two new moderators to our ranks. These volunteers, who are experienced members of our community, will assist users, enforce forum rules, and help us set site policies.

Our new moderators:

SandboxGeneral, who joined MacRumors in 2010 and lives in Michigan.

stridemat, who joined MacRumors in 2008 and lives in the UK.

The goals of the administrators and moderators is to keep the forums enjoyable and useful for both forum members and site visitors. Enforcement of the rules is based on twin goals of consistency and fairness.

We're glad that these two outstanding forum members, whose helpfulness over the years you may already have noticed, agreed to join our moderation team and continue their service to other users in an official role. We are grateful to all of our moderators for their assistance to the site and to their fellow members and for accepting so much responsibility on your behalf.

Welcome, new moderators! :)

The selection process

The selection of moderators is a slow, careful process. We start with recommendations from the current moderators, looking for users with the right personality and instincts: helpful, friendly, rational, fair, those whose participation has consistently been a benefit to their fellow forum members. These we choose excel in many ways and are well-suited for the role we ask them to take as moderators.

You can find the full list of administrators and moderators on the Forum Leaders page.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Spammers represent a clear and present danger to the enjoyability of MacRumors. The release of ban anvil weapons has been authorized.

BanAnvil.jpeg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Welcome to the team and enjoy.

As ann said, two outstanding members and I think the we could not be happier to see such great additions to the team

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm sure stridemat will be a great addition to the Mod group.

Now about this SandboxGeneral guy...are you sure about that decision!!??

:p ;) :rolleyes: :D

MAZEL TOV to the new kids!

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
Congrats! I ask you two to take pity on me when I misbehave! Here are some beverages to start the celebration! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Thanks, although since I don't drink, the beer may work to your disadvantage. :p

Unless you're polite and drink one as a social gesture. Then a single one may work well to his advantage!

I don't drink much myself either though... I bought a 6 pack about 5 months back and have only drank 2 so far. I end up thinking "Hrm do I like beer?" *drink one* Nope!... repeat process every few months.

:WaterWithHalucinogen:

Welcome to the team!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This is a good time to thank our entire moderation team for their dedicated work. Even though they are volunteers they spend countless hours helping us make policy decisions and investigating reported posts. As we welcome SandboxGeneral and stridemat to the team we acknowledge once again how much we depend on our moderators to help the forums provide the highest value to our forum members and site visitors.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

This is a good time to thank our entire moderation team for their dedicated work.

There really is a team working behind the scenes to make this place the best it can be and I am proud to be able to help achieve this.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
This is a good time to thank our entire moderation team for their dedicated work. Even though they are volunteers they spend countless hours helping us make policy decisions and investigating reported posts. As we welcome SandboxGeneral and stridemat to the team we acknowledge once again how much we depend on our moderators to help the forums provide the highest value to our forum members and site visitors.

Thank you Doctor Q! :)

Welcome (officially) to the team!

Now get to work so I can watch football. :D

I'm on it! Now go watch the Colts game! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.