Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
For anyone with a Mac Pro, I urge you not to update yet and take a look at this thread first: WARNING 10.7.5 just destroyed my Mac Pro

No problems on my 08, download took 10 minutes, updates was smooth and fine. Have you just held the power button and turned the machine and left it for 5 minutes? Then turn the machine back on. Large updates can often cause a few machines to hang when restarting for the first time, very similar to what used to happen with a firmware update. A simple power cycle through the system can sort things out.

I can't believe some of the responses in that thread. It hung so they tried to re-install the whole OS. I hope that person tried all the other simple stuff first.

Mr. Frog

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
Montreal, Qc
It broke my passwords!

I applied 10.7.5 this morning on my Macbook Pro 8,2 and I had the great surprise, upon reboot, that none of my passwords were working for both my users!!
I use FileVault2 so it wasn't possible to boot at all! I have the same passwords for months!
That's a chance I had a backup of my Filevault Key on my iPhone!
Booted with that, changed my password to exactly what it was before and now I am able to boot with this password!

Beware, this is a real crap update, this could be very dangerous!!

AnalyzeThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2007
Kudos to Apple - Time Machine is dead now

We should congratulate Apple on breaking Time Machine real good this time - it will take an eternity to backup 3.2 GB changes 10.7.5 just made during upgrade. Good Job Apple!!!

rgharrison

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Virginia, USA
Canon EOS Utility Crash

Installed 10.7.5 and so far have experienced only one problem - although it's a big problem for me. I launch Canon EOS Utiity, a program used to move image files from my camera to the MBP, but as soon as I turn the camera on (std procedure) EOS Utility crashes. Was working fine until the update earlier today. I cannot find a variation on the procedure that works. And no amount of re-installs seem to work. Any ideas?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Lol. Lion's WiFi issues still haven't been fixed? I'm glad I moved on from that disaster of an OS.

Yeah, I had WiFi issues right up to the day I upgraded to Mountain Lion.

Lion feels like my iMac is aging, and barely on the edge of the supported cut-off. A "you should feel lucky the OS even runs on that thing" kind of feeling.

Mountain Lion, on the other hand, feels like it was designed specifically for my machine. It is *that* good.

DrKarl

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Montana
Serious Spotlight / Time Machine issues in 10.7.5

SERIOUS problems with the 10.7.5 update and Spotlight / Time Machine. Spotlight indexing never finishes, and Time Machine runs so slow as to be useless if Spotlight is enabled. At least for a bunch of users, including two very different Macs for me. See these threads in the Apple support community:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19661061#19661061

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19788286#19788286

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19667005#19667005

No acknowledgement of this disaster by Apple yet other than asking some users for logs.

The only known workarounds reported on those threads are:

1. disable Spotlight from the Terminal command line - then TM will backup normally - then re-enable Spotlight

2. upgrade to Mountain Lion

3. downgrade to 10.7.4 by reinstalling 10.7 and applying only the 10.7.4 combo update

BrutalKremlin

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Originally Posted by nickn View Post
I'm surprised they released this. Gatekeeper is really only protecting Apples revenue stream though, so perhaps their extreme greed motivated it.

With posts like that, I'll bet no one was more pleased than you when Macrumors got rid of the downvote button ;)

And, for the person that asked.. 10.7.5 = 11G56

Why? because they spoke the truth? *sigh* tyhe legions of Apple defenders nevers cease to dullen me.

Brindamur

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
10.7.5 hang-ups

10.7.5 thankfully, finally fixed the wi-fi problem where my iMac would not remember my home network upon restarts.

But, now, when I leave my computer for a few hours, it has a "blotch" covering about 1/3 of the screen, and the system is frozen, & not possible to click to the Finder and take any actions. Only a restart via pressing the back start button to turn off and then restart gets me back to normal computing.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Why? because they spoke the truth?

Did you even read the responses? Gatekeeper doesn't make Apple a single extra cent, if anything it makes people feel better about using apps that are NOT from the app store.

His post was completely ignorant of the facts, and people were right to call him on it.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
In case anyone was at all wondering, if you redownload Lion from the Mac App Store, and you find and copy the InstallESD.dmg file from its usual spot, you can make a bootable Lion installer that boots to and installs straight to OS X 10.7.5, and much unlike 10.7.4, it is possible to make an Install DVD (as well as a bootable USB drive) without any verification errors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.