Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
This isn't big news as others in the iPod touch forum are pointing out that new iPods are being prepared for shipment.

My red nano has been charged and is being prepared for shipment - I'd imagine this means it ships on Monday and delivers sometime next week ...

Anyways good news for those curious when the new iPods are coming out. (FYI I ordered on September 20th).

Tim

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
This isn't big news as others in the iPod touch forum are pointing out that new iPods are being prepared for shipment.

My red nano has been charged and is being prepared for shipment - I'd imagine this means it ships on Monday and delivers sometime next week ...

Anyways good news for those curious when the new iPods are coming out. (FYI I ordered on September 20th).

Tim

Oh excellent, that's great news. Thanks for letting us know, hopefully mine will be prepared for shipment soon.

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
Oh man, I didn't preorder one as I wanted to see it for myself, but I hope it'll be in stores within the next two weeks. I wanna get one for a birthday present!

Did you guys have engraved ones?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Did you guys have engraved ones?

I decided against engraving. Great for when you want to give it as a gift, but then I think in the end, everyone would rather have one without it. And if at anytime, you need to quickly sell something, the non-engraved ones are always going to get more money.

I still have my 3rd generation iPod for that reason.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
No engraving for me - can never think of something I'd want to put on an iPod

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
Any word on this? I just ordered a non-engraved Slate Nano and I received a confirmation e-mail instantly, saying that "your order is being processed."

Please excuse my ignorance but I thought they were available already haha, is that not the case? Did I just pre-order it essentially, or is it actually an available product and it's going to take a while given the recent uproar caused by new releases on Apple's website? It said that it was available to ship in "October" when I was creating the order, so I figured it would just ship out with the standard shipping after some processing - which again I received the e-mail for.

In any case I don't mind waiting, just thought I would ask to get it sorted out in my mind here. When will I receive a "Preparing for Shipment" e-mail - within the normal 24-48 hours of processing or weeks from now?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Any word on this? I just ordered a non-engraved Slate Nano and I received a confirmation e-mail instantly, saying that "your order is being processed."

Please excuse my ignorance but I thought they were available already haha, is that not the case? Did I just pre-order it essentially, or is it actually an available product and it's going to take a while given the recent uproar caused by new releases on Apple's website? It said that it was available to ship in "October" when I was creating the order, so I figured it would just ship out with the standard shipping after some processing - which again I received the e-mail for.

In any case I don't mind waiting, just thought I would ask to get it sorted out in my mind here. When will I receive a "Preparing for Shipment" e-mail - within the normal 24-48 hours of processing or weeks from now?

They are still preparing for shipment. Today is a holiday in the US, so they might start shipping tomorrow.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
They are still preparing for shipment. Today is a holiday in the US, so they might start shipping tomorrow.

Oh right that too, probably not the best day to place and order.

Any information on when they will actually ship out? I am assuming it's a queue as well, in other words those who ordered in September will have theirs shipped out before someone like myself that ordered in October, rather than the same time?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Oh right that too, probably not the best day to place and order.

Any information on when they will actually ship out? I am assuming it's a queue as well, in other words those who ordered in September will have theirs shipped out before someone like myself that ordered in October, rather than the same time?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

No idea. I don't think they have shortages though.

Cloysterpeteuk

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
My Product Red (much nicer shade than the standard red model) Nano has dispatched, ordered it in the 6th. But I'm in the UK so all the week is regular working week.

Aah crap it hasn't dispatched at all, looked more closely and it's just saying Processing Items- Dispatched October. It's not even at the preparing to ship stage yet :( gutted.

Last edited:

jondy1703

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
I ordered mine on Sept. 28th and mine is currently preparing for shipment. I'm hoping it'll be here before Friday because it's a birthday present for my girlfriend but I guess we'll see.

jondy1703

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Just got the shipment email. Sadly it'll be here after my girlfriend's birthday. Says it'll deliver on the 15th. Oh well. She'll still like it.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I ordered one on 10/5 and it is still processing. I did add an graving, so I am not sure if that adds time to the order.

Anyone order one with an engraving and have confirmation that it is being shipped already?

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
My order status has changed yesterday: My black nano without engraving should be shipped on october 12th, and should arrive on october 15th.

I'm from France, and I've placed my order on october 7th.

Franck.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I ordered one on 10/5 and it is still processing. I did add an graving, so I am not sure if that adds time to the order.

Anyone order one with an engraving and have confirmation that it is being shipped already?

I ordered mine when they were announced with engraving. According to FedEx mine will arrive on the 12th.

chillywilly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Salt Lake City
I didn't do the pre-order. Just calling and visiting my local Apple Store to see when they get it in. Looks like most of the confirmation I'm seeing out here and other places on the web show Monday Oct 15th is the drop date.

Planning on getting the slate nano. Wish there was a 32gb model. :(

6GenNANO

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
I ordered mine when they were announced with engraving. According to FedEx mine will arrive on the 12th.

I caved and ordered this...:/ It arrived today and I am playing around with it right now, but its no 6th gen :( However, I will wait for 3rd party accessories to see if I can somehow get this thing on my wrist.

The Earpods sound pretty decent, and it has bass! The average listener will love these, but for those who are spoiled by noise cancelling earbuds such as Klipsch S4i's, then they will prefer that.

G-Money

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
I caved and ordered this...:/ It arrived today and I am playing around with it right now.

Where do you live? I've had an expected delivery date of today for a few days now, but FedEx tells me my two Nanos left Memphis at 2AM today - I doubt they'll make it to me in Winnipeg today.

6GenNANO

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Where do you live? I've had an expected delivery date of today for a few days now, but FedEx tells me my two Nanos left Memphis at 2AM today - I doubt they'll make it to me in Winnipeg today.

I live in Toronto. My Nano arrived early this morning and It left Memphis at 2am today as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.