Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

crazytaxi.jpg
SEGA announced today that classic video game Crazy Taxi is coming to the iPhone and iPad and posted a very short teaser trailer to promote it. The game is expected to be released sometime in October.

Our sister-site Touch Arcade wonders about how the controls will work on iOS:
It'll be interesting to see how Sega is going to tackle the controls for this version. Crazy Taxi is a game about driving and sliding wildly through a city while delivering people to a destination in increasingly short time frames. Precision seems like a must-have.

Article Link: Crazy Taxi Coming to iPhone and iPad This Month [Updated With Hands-On Video]

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Great news, but I'm still waiting for Sega's promised port of Jet Set Radio for iOS. They said summer and we're kind of past that...

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Amazing. I've been wanting this ported to iOS since I bought an iPad. The trailer suggests the original soundtrack is back also! Hooray!!

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Awesome news. Never was one for playing video games too much, but I bought a Dreamcast back in the day solely for this game.

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
About 3 seconds of the Sega logo and black screen. About 2 seconds of gameplay. And then 6 seconds of game logo and boring text.

Sega's marketing department must be so proud.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Sega must have made bank off this game. I'm pretty sure it has been ported to nearly every game console since its arcade debut. And now it stands to make even more off of mobile.

Just think what Nintendo could do simply porting Pokemon Red & Blue and charging $19.99 or so.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Just think what Nintendo could do simply porting Pokemon Red & Blue and charging $19.99 or so.

Nintendo games exist to sell Nintendo hardware. Nintendo hardware exists to sell Nintendo games. Both are very profitable. (even the GameCube was)

The Economist

Suspended
Apr 4, 2011
Mexico
What about pricing? It the price is right I'll buy this one on day one. I was a huge fan of the game back when it was available on the Sega Dreamcast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.