Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
The frame is stainless steel. That phone looks like it was either smashed or run over.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Well, my friend dropped his iPhone4 today. Literally maybe 4 feet from the ground onto normal tile. (he tripped and it just landed flat). And the phone literally shattered. I thought the Otterbox was supposed to protect the phone from drops WAY crazier than that. The Otterbox was damaged too. I mean, if his phone wasn't in the case, MAYBE it would crack a bit from the fall. But I mean its SHATTERED.

Any comments? Ideas? This was just weird!

Here are pics of the device, if you want pics of the Otterbox I can get those too.

The device even BENT a bit...

The back was fine...

So, I'm assuming he can just go to Apple. Not sure how it works for him. I have insurance on my phone (Blackberry Bold 9930), and I just call insurance/Verizon and I get a new phone shipped immediately.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know... Hey, not my phone, so I really don't know what damage it took before except for the fact that it was working perfectly before it fell tonight. Otterbox was totally intact, no scratches or cracks.
And again, maybe he just got unlucky. It's definitely plausible for something like that to happen if it just fell the wrong way...

Also... 'food' drop?

:/

wonderousi5

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
I dropped my iPhone 4 in a speck head candy case (or rather my son did) from a shopping cart and the screen shattered :( granted its not an otter box but it shouldn't have happened. Thank God my iPhone 5 is on its way. Sooooon I won't have to worry about this piece of crap!

Shstrang98

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
It may hard to believe but the exact thing happened my iPhone 5 which was also in an otterbox defender. Mine fell from less than 2 feet. Frankly it shocked me. Everybody I showed it to was amazed.
So believe me it happens although it may have been a freak event. I probably will replace the otter with a life case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.