Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
Hey Sega, maybe you fix Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 first, include Retina Icon support, iPhone 5 support.... and you know iOS 6 support so it actually works ;)

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

Kinda cool that the notion is entirely feasible. The iPhone5 and iPad3 are capable of producing graphics on the level with Dreamcast and Playstation2. Proof being Soul Caliber.

For someone like myself, who owned a spinach screen Gameboy back in 1989, that absolutely blows my mind.

K0P Bacon

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Just want to say I enjoyed way more the Simpsons version of Crazy Taxi for the game cube. It was so much fun. Those were the days.

curmi

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2000
Melbourne, Australia
Original soundtrack

If it has the original soundtrack, this is an easy purchase. Even though I have all of The Offsprings stuff on iTunes, it isn't the same as having bits and pieces of them playing in the game at the right moments.

However, I'm not hopeful given other ports have had the original soundtrack missing...

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Do you really need a trailer? The game's been out 10 years.

If the game's coming out this month, you'd expect they'd have more than 2 seconds of available footage, and maybe more than just one car and no pedestrians or street 'furniture' in the scene.

Having said that, I'd welcome many of the classic Dreamcast titles onto my iPad/iPhone.

----------

This is more like it - 3 minutes of iOS gameplay.

Last edited:

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
If the game's coming out this month, you'd expect they'd have more than 2 seconds of available footage, and maybe more than just one car and no pedestrians or street 'furniture' in the scene.

Having said that, I'd welcome many of the classic Dreamcast titles onto my iPad/iPhone.

----------

This is more like it - 3 minutes of iOS gameplay.

YouTube: video

Auto-gas? ****! That means no crazy dash.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I loved this game on dreamcast, but I think and iOS version is going to suck more than some of the ladies on Sunset Blvd back in the day. It's just one of those games that demands a physical controller. I wish companies would stop digging up classic games from another era and create something designed for iOS. Far too little of this going on.

Also - how come there is yet to be one decent baseball game? Every other major sport is covered, but all we have from baseball are home run derbys and such. Nothing like MLB '12.

----------

Stock price has very little to do with current profitability.

Some would argue it has very little to do with reality.

True. Especially in this era of quantitative easing.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Great news, but I'm still waiting for Sega's promised port of Jet Set Radio for iOS. They said summer and we're kind of past that...

Truth!

I still listen to the soundtrack.

Granted a physical controller is usually better but Jet Grind Radio would work great on iOS because of the way you create graffiti (unlike Jet Set Radio Future which really ruined the graffiti).

My Dreamcast eventually died so it's been a while since I fired up that, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur (thankfully my PS2 still worked for Street Fighter III and Marvel vs. Capcom 2).

mistertomlinson

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2007
I can't wait for this, but hugely disappointed it isn't in iPhone 5 resolution.

Still, assuming the price isn't too high, I can guarantee this makes it to the #1 spot in the App Store.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
My only worry is whether SEGA will be good enough to make the game run at full resolution on the new iPad. I don't want to play a pixelated piece of crud.

To think though, I once paid £70 for the Japanese copy of this game.

How times change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.