Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Okay, guys, thank you for the responses.

I think an entire page of saying the same thing pretty much has driven the answer home.

Appreciate the help.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
Yeah its just the colour. Nothing else. It was silly of Apple to make a new generation for a colour change...

To clarify for posterity (to avoid confusion just in case this thread ever comes up again), Apple never claimed that the white iPod touch constitutes a whole new generation.

If you go to this page on their support website, they clearly show that the icon for new white iPod touch model is identified as a "4th generation" device.

donlab

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2004
USA
no 5th gen

I think an entire page of saying the same thing pretty much has driven the answer home.

Appreciate the help.

I just want to make sure you know that there is no 5th Gen. Apple added a white ipod touch to the lineup but its really a 4th gen device.

LULZ

kezzers

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
5th generation

everyone who replied is stupid. there is a 5th generation the difference isnt that big but the front is white and apple added colors to the back you have a choice of white black blue pink and yellow. the 5th generation is also thinner and has a bigger screen and a better camera resolution.:apple:
hope this helped

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
everyone who replied is stupid. there is a 5th generation the difference isnt that big but the front is white and apple added colors to the back you have a choice of white black blue pink and yellow. the 5th generation is also thinner and has a bigger screen and a better camera resolution.:apple:
hope this helped

You resurrected an old thread from january. :). I don't think the people who replied were stupid. :D

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
hope this helped

It's an old thread. No one knew there's going to be a 5G iPod Touch :)

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
hope this helped

oh the irony

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
All the stores are selling iPod Touch 4th generation.

My kids are telling me there is a 5th generation.

However, from what I can tell, the 5th generation only adds a 64GB and the color white.

All I am interested in is an 8GB iPod Touch. Is the 4th generation the latest model?

Thank you in advance.

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

tamadrums01

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
Correction to all!!!! There is a new itouch. It isnt named 4 gen or 5 gen. The apple site labels it as the thinnest and lightest itouch ever. The software is upgraded as is the hardware. They might as well have labeled it "5th gen" but they didnt. It isnt "white", only the face of it is white. The sides and backside are actually alluminum in a chosen color of the available colors. Cameras and audio have been changed. Siri comes on the new one. the camera also has a flash too. Video quality is better. The standard earbuds are also "better" I personally dont care for their buds. But if u dont believe me look for yourself on the apple site. Your welcome!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Correction to all!!!! There is a new itouch. It isnt named 4 gen or 5 gen. The apple site labels it as the thinnest and lightest itouch ever. The software is upgraded as is the hardware. They might as well have labeled it "5th gen" but they didnt. It isnt "white", only the face of it is white. The sides and backside are actually alluminum in a chosen color of the available colors. Cameras and audio have been changed. Siri comes on the new one. the camera also has a flash too. Video quality is better. The standard earbuds are also "better" I personally dont care for their buds. But if u dont believe me look for yourself on the apple site. Your welcome!

You realize this is an old thread and there wasn't a 5th gen iPod touch at the time, and all of the upgrades you are mentioning in your post also hadn't been released yet, right?

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012

Appreciate the help.

You must have used SEARCH as you woke up a thread that is over a year old:p

stephie101

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Ipod touch 5th generation

there is a 5th generation ipod touch because i have one and they come in red, blue, green, yellow, and so on. you can buy it from target, radio shack and any where else that sells them.

----------

There is a 5th gen. it comes in lots of colors other than white.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
there is a 5th generation ipod touch because i have one and they come in red, blue, green, yellow, and so on. you can buy it from target, radio shack and any where else that sells them.

----------

There is a 5th gen. it comes in lots of colors other than white.
We know ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.