Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cfg5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
California
I've been finding myself listening to podcasts on my emac most of the time, rather than my ipod. How many of you listen to podcasts on your ipod most of the time?

Emerson

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2004
Iowa
I listen to podcasts on my ipod while I am at work mostly. Just sitting at the computer doing calculations, writing lab reports, working in CAD, Etc.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
I've listened to portions of a bunch of podcasts and was rather underwhelmed. I'm sure there are good ones out there but those I've found seem like a group of bored friends with a microphone.

So I don't listen anymore. But I love Club 977 on internet radio. :)

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
eXan said:
Never on iPod, never on computer

I have just downloaded an Inside Mac Radio Jul 15th podcast and listened to it. Not that bad, but pity that its in english and its just small chucks of radio shows, nothing special. Probably will listen to some podcasts on my iPod

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I listen to podcasts in the car using my shuffle and a stereo cassette adapter. I don't usually listen to mac-oriented ones because I've typically already seen all the news here, so they seem rather silly. However, I really like Grape Radio, which is a podcast about wine -- not quite as professional as, say NPR, but a pretty good podcast. Reel Reviews Radio, a movie podcast, isn't bad either.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I don't yet listen to them – neither on my iPod nor on my Mac. But the "Tagesschau" (a German news show) is bringing out a podcast of their 15-minute show at the end of July. If I can download them before I go to work, I will listen to them on my way there, because I often miss the show in the evening.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
MacPolls has a thread on this, might help to check that out too..... but no i have never used a podcast and will not in the foreseeable future

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Not a one. The only thing I'd really be interested in, though, is "Morning Edition" or "All Things Considered" from NPR.

Were they available, I'd be podcasting.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I have about a 30 minute commute and I listen to Podcasts during that time. I used to get some of the Mac oriented ones, but I know most of the stuff they are talking about. I now listen to mostly science ones, a few sports, and a movie review one. Some examples are Universe Today, Science @ NASA, First Take Movie Reviews, and ESPN Radio.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I have XM radio; between that, audiobooks and music on the ipod, and NPR I have more content to choose from in my car than I do in my house. I did grab Terry Gross' White Stripes interview (free on itunes) to try out a podcast-- pretty nifty, in a TiVO sort of way. But in general, no, I haven't been listening to podcasts. I think they are like video games-- plenty of people have time for them; just not me.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
- Mostly listen to podcasts on iPod at work
- Sometimes listen in my car with iTrip
- Seldomly listen on my Mac Mini

On average, I listen to about a half dozen podcasts a week. So far my favorites are TWIT, Science Friday and This Week in Science.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Downloaded a few, just to test it, never actually listened to any. They managed to get synced over to my mini, but I as soon as I discovered them they went straight off again.

Don't listen to radio, have no need for podcasts (at least not any I've found, yet).

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Don't listen to them either. I had a browse through them after iTunes added then but nothing leapt out at me.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I listen to podcasts (especially CBC Radio 3 and Battlestar Galactica commentary) on my PB. On my iPod, I just don't have enough time. Funny as it is a 10-15 min. walk to school (summer school gives more time to enjoy the pleasures of this world). But, I usually just like to listen to the sounds of nature, cars zooming by and saying hello to passing students like myself instead of plugging in some headphones.

SneekyCheef

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2005
((( NICE PODCAST )))

These Are Podacast That Deserve a Listen

I am a designer and I really like to listen these podcast in the car on my way to work (via iPod) AND while I work on my computer. If you deal with anything creative they really seem to give you some insight and inspiration.

Media Artist Secrets - Hosted by Franklin McMahon
www.mediaartist.com
- This podcast is from a studio professional that gives great pep talks about the media industry, building your career and working towards your goals as a creative. **Its really fascinating to listen to the production quality increase as the series progresses**

SpaceMusic - Hosted by TC
www.spacemusic.com
- This podcast is a little different to explain but you can't stop listening once you start. TC is a music producer from Rotterdam, Netherlands that incorporates every element of life into his podcast. If he is baking cookies you will hear the recipe over ambient beats. He has special guest that are always fascinating. My favorites are podcast that take place with TC floating "in space" while conducting his podcast "250 Kilometers above sea level".

The Beat Oracle - Hosted by Michael and Noah
- HOT Underground HIP HOP and ELECTRONIC

Just a couple of things yall might wanna check out!!!

DocB

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2004
Wichita, KS
I listen to Insomnia Radio on my iPod...it's a weekly show. I don't think I'd have time to listen to a daily show.

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
i tried to listen to a mac news podcast but the people were too nerdy and i couldnt stand the way their voices sounded and i tried the espn radi one but its always just a little part of the show so its pretty lame too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.