Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'll probably get it. I haven't quite finished Bad Piggies yet, but they've all been fun, and the newer games have been even more fun than the old ones. I like that I can pick it up, play a few levels, and not have to sit there and play for hours to get anywhere (not that most mobile games are that way, but it doesn't require constant attention).

jW

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
They should've made angry birds universal apps with icloud integration for gamesaves.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
What a shame for Lucas. A mediocre and mindless game mixed with one of the best space sagas of all time.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Not cutting edge, New York hipsters like you.

As for the rest of us, :) fun is fun :) and we don't care if it is stylish. :)

It's fun until you run out of levels. But Angry Birds Star Wars... they're just ruining the Star Wars name. First the sub-par prequels, then the corny animated series, then this.

Akarin

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
Nyon, Switzerland
Thank you for checking in anyway to let us know that. But hey! There's a link to your software in your signature for us to click on and you were subtle enough that people may not even consider this spamming. Well played!

Actually, not even close. I started to write an answer to this thread and figured out that everything I wrote could be cropped to this one perfectly formed sentence. I reckon I didn't phrase it well enough but I really felt like giving a high-five to the original poster as it made me laugh.

Still (and before you added your 'I just jumped on my high horse' comment, I also commented on that article on my own personal blog here: http://bit.ly/VTIIm3).

But hey, thanks to you also for bringing such constructive comment to the thread ;)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Okay, I kinda got it when Angry Birds came out. It was a game that was a pop-hit, one of those addictive time wasters. I even considered playing it from time to time. AB Space came very close to convincing me to play. But what has convinced me more than anything never to want to play is the massive levels or over the top merchandising. Everywhere I go I see Angry Birds toys, Angry Birds key rings, Angry Birds flash lights, Angry Birds USB drives. It just disgusts me, and it makes me want to have nothing to do with Angry Birds.

I might have considered this one, but even here, they're a month away from their announced release date and this pathetic little video is all they can offer? No game play? Not even an epic voice over with flashing scenes of mayhem? I would have expected more from a promo video. It seems obvious to me that they are banking on the popularity of the Angry Birds brand and the Star Wars brand to sell this new game, regardless of the actual content...

Freeks

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Did angry birds space sell alot?
I felt like no one cared about it like people once did

AB Space is still on iTunes top10 (paid games) in most countries. It sells like a pig :D

In US store: bad Piggies 1. and Space 7. In some other countries there is also original AB in top10.

It's a perfect product. There is always more people who have not tried it yet than ppl who have completed it. After Xmas there is millions new iOS/Andrdoid owners more who are eager to get their hands on it.

Wonder how many iOS devices are bought to kids just because of Angry Birds?

I know one 6 year old boy who is total AB addict. He has to have all their merchandise and he drinks only AB can's. Multiply that with few million kids around there world. Add SW to that equation and you need quite many zeros to calculate the money they are making :D

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Star Wars? At this point of the Angry Bird's life, I think a tie-in with Jaws would be more appropriate.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, they're really trying to squeeze every last drop from this, aren't they? I think there is still quite a big market for Angry Birds though, since budget Androids and older iDevices are making their way into more and more people's hands these days - Bringing Angry Birds to people who haven't gotten over it yet.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Im in... It will fit the theme of my iPhone 4S :cool:

Attachments

• iPhone R2D2.jpg
    iPhone R2D2.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 69

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I am looking forward to this, if Space was any indication of what they have planned for this game, great. Hope we get some kind of ridiculous light saber use (beyond them standing in for the slingshot.)

It'll be the most fun I have had with Star Wars in long time.

jmarkham

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
was bad piggies good?

I already have 4 different versions of Angry Birds on my phone that I barely play, not sure if I want this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.