Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armyxrays

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno, CA
I currently have a Case-Mate case that can hold my debit card and my driver's license, and I have been using it since I had an iPhone 4. It fit my iPhone 4S so I ran with it.

Has anyone seen a similar case design for the 5 yet? I know they will make one eventually, but I've been searching like mad and haven't found one yet. I'd like to get one before I get my 5 - I don't want to revert back to carrying a wallet everywhere!

armyxrays

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno, CA
Spigen or twelve south

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I am looking for.

The case I have is not a pouch or wallet type. It's just a normal case with a small slit on the back that allows you to slide in 2 cards. Small form factor, basic design.

getDynamicImage.aspx

Like this one, but mine is matte black.

TheBaconKing

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Northwest Arkansas
My coworker has a leather wallet case he get from TJ Max.. I'm not a fan.

Do y'all have any experience with any of these? I'm normally not a fan of cases in general, but I could see me using something like this when I go out on weekends.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I currently have a Case-Mate case that can hold my debit card and my driver's license, and I have been using it since I had an iPhone 4. It fit my iPhone 4S so I ran with it.

Has anyone seen a similar case design for the 5 yet? I know they will make one eventually, but I've been searching like mad and haven't found one yet. I'd like to get one before I get my 5 - I don't want to revert back to carrying a wallet everywhere!

I kinda like this.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Check this one out, a little bit cheaper - http://caseitup.com/shop/iphone5-credit-card-case

Credit card case for iPhone 5 exactly the style you are looking for.

Nice, however if it holds up to 4 cards that means its pretty thick. The case mate one holds up to 2 cards which keeps it very thin. Looks like case mate will be releasing one just gotta get the press right. I also see case mate now has a barely there ultra thin so maybe they can release that in the ID series as well. I know I'm not after a case for drop protection, just from scratches and to hold my cards but not everyone has my wants. One thing I am concerned about however is that since the back of the phone is no longer glass where the cards touch is that I have a concern for scratches or dings. Anyone with a MacBook knows how sensitive the material can be at time with dings and indents.

Chinny

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Nice, however if it holds up to 4 cards that means its pretty thick. The case mate one holds up to 2 cards which keeps it very thin. Looks like case mate will be releasing one just gotta get the press right. I also see case mate now has a barely there ultra thin so maybe they can release that in the ID series as well. I know I'm not after a case for drop protection, just from scratches and to hold my cards but not everyone has my wants. One thing I am concerned about however is that since the back of the phone is no longer glass where the cards touch is that I have a concern for scratches or dings. Anyone with a MacBook knows how sensitive the material can be at time with dings and indents.

Bought the cast - it only holds 2 cards. It looks alright (got the black) but the quality is subpar.

I owned the casemate on my 4, and it seemed to be made of one molded piece of plastic. This case on the other hand is not. The lines where the plastic was bonded/melted is sharp and uncomfortable depending on how you hold it (eg., cradled in one hand with a finger supporting the bottom).

Having said that, I was able to get 20% off with a coupon code "SAVE20" but I don't know if it's working now.

For half the price of the (sold out) case mate case, I think it is worth it. I actually like the look better than the case mate, but the sharp edges is a drag.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Is yours a mini suit? Mine is.. And the quality blows ass. Please post pics of yours. Mine fits loose around the phone and if you put more then 1 card it in it pops off.

lcastillo1475

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
You guys should check out the killspencer iPhone card carrier, looks really sleek and holds 3 cards, it arrives for me tomorrow, I'll post a review when I get it

iAi

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
I don't understand why these cases are design where the credit cards or id can be seen. When am traveling, I'll be really worried taking pictures in touristy areas where am gonna be the scam artists or thieves target - iP5 with credit cards!

Am buying the iLid where you can easily hide & take out the cards and even use the lid as stand.

Have you guys owned or used iLid before?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
I don't understand why these cases are design where the credit cards or id can be seen. When am traveling, I'll be really worried taking pictures in touristy areas where am gonna be the scam artists or thieves target - iP5 with credit cards!

Am buying the iLid where you can easily hide & take out the cards and even use the lid as stand.

too much hassle to constantly take the phone out to access cards. the case-mate one only shows the very top of the card nothing else.

lcastillo1475

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012

I used to have the iLid for the iphone4s and loved it, it's actually no hassle at all to take out the cards, all you have to do is flip the back open. I modified the one I got to be able to fit 3 cards in the back and I liked how thin it was, I used to have a casellete but it was just way too bulky; granted you could fit like 5 cards in it, it was too bulky though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.