Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Currently own a Razer DeathAdder Left-Handed Edition Mouse.

With Driver Version: 3.0.0 and Firmware version: 2.33

Settings: Polling Rate: 500Hz
DPI switcher: 3500 DPI
Set for left handed user and primary and secondary buttons switched.

Currently works perfectly in Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

Will this Driver + Mouse combo work just as perfectly under Mountain Lion? (10.8)

IF not, please tell me what needs to be done to get it to work? and anything else I should know?

Haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion yet, REALLY need this mouse to work...

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
I have a right handed Death Adder. I had got it when I was on Lion and nothing broke after Mountain Lion for me. I have driver version v3.0.0

Hmmm, interesting....; So you're literally able to open the DeathAdder APP (v.3.0.0) and mess around with settings and have them actually take effect? (including choosing the left hand icon..?) under Mountain Lion.

I need more comments in order to make an informed decision...

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
Hmmm, interesting....; So you're literally able to open the DeathAdder APP (v.3.0.0) and mess around with settings and have them actually take effect? (including choosing the left hand icon..?) under Mountain Lion.

I need more comments in order to make an informed decision...

Yup confirmed. All working fine. I tried adjusting sensitivity, logo glowing, acceleration and button remapping and also choosing the left hand icon. I am not sure but choosing the icon just flips the mouse in the app (for people who have a left handed mouse), but does not reverse the mouse buttons on my mouse. Should it?

Also, my firmware version is 2.45 and it is also showing me an update.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    313.4 KB · Views: 1,408

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Yup confirmed. All working fine. I tried adjusting sensitivity, logo glowing, acceleration and button remapping and also choosing the left hand icon. I am not sure but choosing the icon just flips the mouse in the app (for people who have a left handed mouse), but does not reverse the mouse buttons on my mouse. Should it?

Also, my firmware version is 2.45 and it is also showing me an update.

No, it should not reverse the buttons, that must be done manually.

Wow, thanks for all that testing and info.

Only problem I see is that my firmware version is actually 2.33, and it can ONLY be upgraded through Windows (OS X won't work I believe), not sure if that's a problem though...

Last edited:

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
No, it should not reverse the buttons, that must be done manually.

Wow, thanks for all that testing and info.

Only problem I see is that my firmware version is actually 2.33, and it can ONLY be upgraded through Windows (OS X won't work I believe), not sure if that's a problem though...

Hmm, my mouse came with 2.45 and there is nothing great in the new firmware version, just cloud sync, which stores your settings in the cloud for use with a different computer, I guess. So I won't be updating it.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Hmm, my mouse came with 2.45 and there is nothing great in the new firmware version, just cloud sync, which stores your settings in the cloud for use with a different computer, I guess. So I won't be updating it.

Right; but my current firmware version (2.33) shouldn't present any compatibility problems with Mountain Lion, should it?

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
I frankly have no idea. I suggest you actually test it on some one else's Mac with Mountain Lion. That's what I would had done.

Now I'm really stomped...

I was carefully browsing the Razer support website, and I found a web form where I could contact their technical support team, so I sent them a message addressing the same issues as in this thread.

Basically their reply was that their drivers only support up to "Lion 10.7", and that I should wait till they release a 10.8 version.

This of course isn't true as you have clearly stated that v.3.0.0 DOES work in Mountain Lion.

So I'm not sure how to proceed, not sure if I should wait till they release a newer driver version, and I'm still unsure about the firmware (2.33) compatibility part though... (EDIT: I'll ask again, let's see what they have to say)

Also, it's not very clear as of this moment if they still support the left-handed edition in their newer drivers...

EDIT 2: Well,..... The Razer staff is avoiding giving me a straight answer. All they say is that I should wait for a new version of their Synapse 2.0 software. That's all! , not clear if my mouse will be compatible due to firmware issues and it being a left-handed edition.... sigh...

Last edited:

frogg320

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2007
I just bought a left-handed DeathAdder and am currently running 10.8.2. Doesn't work. Actually, I install Synapse and see a completely blank window for the program, except for a small text "DeathAdder 3.5g" identifier at the bottom. Can't do anything! I'd love to get my hands on some old drivers...will boot in windows and see what firmware version I've got.

Kind of wish I'd read the fine print! Didn't expect it not to support 10.8. Really, really sorry I ever upgraded to mountain lion (for a number of reasons).

k00kla

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
I have the same problem, frog322

I have a Deathadder Mac version and just upgraded to mountain lion. doesn't work anymore. Synapse doesn't work, blank screen with "Deathadder" in the lower left corner. Version 3.0 of the control panel/driver doesn't work. I found a copy of v2.0.2 - no luck. We're stuck, I'm afraid, until the Razer people get their act together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.