Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
20% off everything through old college

also get 15% verizon for my parents through texas rangers company

DJsteveSD

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
I get 28% through my employer (a national bank). this applies to the calling plan and data, not the texting plan. so no facetime on 3G/4G for me unless I go to that horrible family share plan, which would end up costing me more as the discount only applies to data on shared plans. :mad:

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
15% military FAN sucks that we don't get more then that.

Is there anyway to get an increased FAN discount that is an "all access". Something like AAA or USAA that will offer more then the crappy 15%.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Time Inc = 30% Service, not sure about other things.

For those who don't know and still have their university emails address that are given to them. Try to use it. Using my @umich.edu (Univ of Michigan) email nets me a 15%. Better than nothing!

Devlonc

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
USPS 25%. I'm supprised no one mentioned the 50% off accessories (non apple) that is attached to the FAN as well

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
15% military FAN sucks that we don't get more then that.

Is there anyway to get an increased FAN discount that is an "all access". Something like AAA or USAA that will offer more then the crappy 15%.

It's better than 0%....

No offense but if someone is offering you $ off on monthly service, why isn't that enough?

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
It's better than 0%....

No offense but if someone is offering you $ off on monthly service, why isn't that enough?

Federal government is biggest customer. Why not give those employees a better discount then corporate America.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
I get 24% from a company I only worked at for a week signed up for fan while I had the company email 2 years later I still have the discount.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Federal government is biggest customer. Why not give those employees a better discount then corporate America.

Because the system doesn't just say "federal government"... There are tons of different areas with different accounts. It's kind of like union discount... Just because the CWA is one of the largest union customers and is the union of non management employees, doesn't mean they should automatically get a huge discount. I'm assuming the government discount just a blanket discount just like the unions. Either way, a discount is a discount, and it is better than 0%.

iEric4

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Boeing 25% off bill, 35% off accessories

Another great thing is I don't get charged upgrade fees. Got $72 plus tax credited back just the other day :cool:

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005

The Judicial district/circuit in my region gets 19% off their bill, you really can't blanket every branch of the Federal Govt. like that.

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
How can someone use other fans? And no don't mean stealing it. I mean does anyone's phone under your account that has a different FAN then yours can you use that across the whole account or does it to be the main line owners only?

I am tried asking for some additional fans from AT&T and they told me I had to give them the number because they can't look it up otherwise.

Last edited:

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009

Figures that a government employee wants more entitlements. How about we make you pay more since the tax payer is funding your payroll?

----------

I work for USPS and this pisses me off.

You work for USPS, so you're underworked and overpaid. Why would you be pissed about someone getting a discount?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.