Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
My guess is he doesn't know yet, considering he posted this "spontaneous" separation at 3:33 am.
And there's no way in hell this thing "just happened". Someone sat on that, or tried to bend it on purpose. When was the last time something in your hand just bent while you were holding it?

unless he has telekinesis

dgalvan123

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
What's odd about this is the 3 people, including yourself, that have experience these mysterious damages are all new members of MacRumors. That's the one thing I noticed among the 3 of you, besides these usual damages to your 5's.

You had me giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming a little hard to believe due to your member date.

"If your ability to trust someone else depends primarily on their MacRumors forum member date. . . you might be an Apple fanatic!"

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So I guess the mods didn't like the posting of the OP's EXIF/GPS data on here. Haha. I reload the page and it's all gone. Pretty funny though. Basically, saying the picture was also taken with an iPhone 5 so the OP already has two iP5's.

I think what is actually going on here, he's not trolling about the iP5, he's actually trying to advertise for a website, but he failed since I can't read the whole URL in his picture.

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
I've gotta say, this spontaneous buckling of the phone reminds me of . . . .

Honest officer, she just kept falling on the knife. Yes, thirty-seven times.

The event strains credulity to the breaking point, and beyond.

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
So I guess the mods didn't like the posting of the OP's EXIF/GPS data on here. Haha. I reload the page and it's all gone. Pretty funny though. Basically, saying the picture was also taken with an iPhone 5 so the OP already has two iP5's.

I think what is actually going on here, he's not trolling about the iP5, he's actually trying to advertise for a website, but he failed since I can't read the whole URL in his picture.

Yeah they delete my post and called it trolling. That makes sense.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
For a new phone it does look quite dirty. It also looks very empty, which seems strange, as such a slim device should be tightly packed inside.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Spontaneous separation w/e.... This is what really happened!

big-butt1.jpg

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
For a new phone it does look quite dirty. It also looks very empty, which seems strange, as such a slim device should be tightly packed inside.

Good point maybe it's one of those mock up iPhone 5's people were selling just before the iPhone was announced.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
We've got a clearly lying OP, but even that doesn't stop Sedrick from persisting in his silly crusade. Typical.
I, too, called BS on the op, but if I also offended you in the process, then my comments must have hit home. Nothing personal, I just don't let large corporations do my thinking for me.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Well I am trusting and I say it could have happened.

None of you know how these are manufactured. Know nothing about the tight tolerances or how a misaligned phone might impact the build.

Sadly, neither will the so called Apple Geniuses.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
Poor Materials

This is what happens when you have a fetish with aluminum. Crack propagation is very efficient.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
There is no way this happened without force - If I were an Apple Genius, I would laugh heartily and round up all the other blue shirts so we could laugh in unison.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
when should i be concerned about it, after it bends in half from bending over working in the yard? it's a large investment for me and this just seems to be another in an ever growing list of problems with this phone. you seem to be one of the big apple supporters here and i can appreciate that but you cant be blind to all these problems. (or maybe you can)

This. Agreed 100%

It seems like every day someone is posting some new problem / flaw / issue with this phone.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Listen... I would definitely come up with an alternative method while at the urinal. You do NOT want to be handling yourself if you can turn your iPhone inside out like that with "zero" effort.

I've worked with anodized aluminum for over 10 years. No way, no chance, that occurred spontaneously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.