Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
My thoughts:

1. OP did something stupid with his/her phone and bent the heck out of it.
2. OP wants to get a new iPhone 5 from Apple without having to pay for it.
3. OP comes to Macrumors (with a new alias than their usual) and makes up some story to see how it goes over before heading to the Apple Store
4. OP now reads through all of the posts that say it is possible and takes notes so he can try/use that at the Apple store since his "spontaneous seperation" excuse holds no water.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
I, too, called BS on the op, but if I also offended you in the process, then my comments must have hit home. Nothing personal, I just don't let large corporations do my thinking for me.

Neither do I, and I'm not offended in the least. It's just that three out of four of your posts are designed to rile people up. You're a troll who adds very little to this website.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Are you Uri Geller?

Well, I just hope the aluminium band of my iPhone doesn't suddenly bend out of shape on me for no reason :rolleyes:

<begin mental telepathy>

Bend jabingla2810's iPhone...bend jabingla2810's iPhone.

<end mental telepathy>

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I'm more likely to believe in a bent iPhone out of the box than this monstrosity. No offense, but it looks like that thing took a beating in one way or the other.

If not, then you've got a marvel of modern science gone wrong and I'd love to know how aluminum could just bend by itself like that.

Perhaps.........

ancient-aliens.jpg

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Neither do I, and I'm not offended in the least. It's just that three out of four of your posts are designed to rile people up. You're a troll who adds very little to this website.

Aint that the truth. Barely a topic goes by on this forum that he doesn't slip in a sarky dig at Apple. Even on posts that are not complaining about anything.

I mean, I understand that some people are just negative and mean spirited by nature. I know plenty of people in real life just like that too. Always looking for the bad in everything, always trying to dampen someone else's day. Takes all types I suppose!

I still say we try and get BENT-GATE going though. The iPhone 6 will have a LOT of gates to beat! :D

Last edited:

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
What's odd about this is the 3 people, including yourself, that have experience these mysterious damages are all new members of MacRumors. That's the one thing I noticed among the 3 of you, besides these usual damages to your 5's.

You had me giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming a little hard to believe due to your member date.

Maybe they made an account to share this with us. WHOA. What a concept.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
On the other hand, macrumors is notorious for having people joing just to cause trouble and start rumors just to give a bad name to the iphone.

Because shet is SO serious, and theres nothing more in life thats important, that some folks out there have to pump up what ever device it is that they're using and trash the iphone.

Its sad and true.

Really? I have been here a while and never noticed what you are saying

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
I wonder what Geniuses at the Apple Store will tell you when you show them the phone. I don't know if they've been told there's a 0.0001% possibility of this happening and therefore will replace it, but if not, I highly doubt they'll believe you. :/

tribe3

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Vienna, VA - USA
We all know that nobody believes us when something extraordinary happens to us like having encounters with aliens and UFOs so you gotta face it, and instead of telling the genius that your phone spontaneously separated you better lie and tell him that you had it in the back pocket of your jeans and sat down on it... he might feel for you and exchange it

good luck!

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
OP is trolling; joined today just to post this bogus story. The phone was obviously crushed/bent.

Total Posts: 4
Posts Per Day: 4
Find all posts by sparky1680
Find all threads started by sparky1680
General Information
Last Activity: Today 11:17 AM

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
OP is trolling; joined today just to post this bogus story. The phone was obviously crushed/bent.

General Information

This proves what exactly?

So if you post something negative on your join day, you HAVE to be a troll? People tend to join a forum to post a question do they not?

Feck sake...

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK

General Information

Of course he is a troll. They very often join, start a topic, reply a few times and then are gone forever while everyone continues to debate the issue lol.

At least the likes of Sedrick are consistent trolls and not just a cheap one night stand :D

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010

I would agree with you if this was an Apple fan site and I owned no Apple products. I own an iPhone 4, a 3GS, a iPod touch, a nano and an iPad 2. I clearly like Apple products. I'm just man enough to call them out when they put profits before customers. You should look into thinking for yourself some time, you might like it.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Mine did the exact same thing.

Attachments

• minedidtheexactsamething.jpg
    minedidtheexactsamething.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 193

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
This proves what exactly?

So if you post something negative on your join day, you HAVE to be a troll? People tend to join a forum to post a question do they not?

Feck sake...

OP has not returned. OP probably made this up to get the response that you have read, and he is having a good laugh. Or he is, as mentioned, trying out this dumb spontaneously garbage on use to see if it will fly, and take the phone to Apple for replacement. Either way, he is gone :eek: First and probably only post he will make. Don't think he will be back with the same name to avoid being jumped on....

sparky1680

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Yes this is my first thread/post but long time reader of macrumors. Never had burning issue that prompted me to post - but when this happened I knew I had to post. Happened last nite around 11 30 pm - I'm in Vancouver BC hence the time stamp. My ace in the hole is that I bought apple care at time of purchase - I planned not to use a case. My prev phone was a 4. I'm at work and will post better macro shots after I get home and before I take it in. The other pics that Novemberwhisky pointed to show remarkablly similar marks at - button. There is no damage to screen edge (which I will show better later) which would make a hit unlikely - note the marks are on either side of button and do not include button. ttyl

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
my phone spontaneously separated while holding it in my hand. It wasn't dropped or mistreated in any way. ??? The notches in the side seem to be a result of the metal buckling.

Please post pictures of the rest of the phone so we can rule out a drop.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1459792/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1359331/
Please post pictures of the rest of the phone so we can rule out a drop.

A drop? Exactly what sort of drop would cause a bend like that? There have been millions of people who have dropped their iPhone 4/4S without sustaining such damage.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011

General Information

Wow, another genius strikes again. Someone buys an iPhone, has an issue with it, searches the web for a high traffic forum to ask for help and is labelled troll. Brilliant.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
I would agree with you if this was an Apple fan site and I owned no Apple products. I own an iPhone 4, a 3GS, a iPod touch, a nano and an iPad 2. I clearly like Apple products. I'm just man enough to call them out when they put profits before customers. You should look into thinking for yourself some time, you might like it.

See? You did it again. Trying to get a rise out of someone -me- by implying that I can't think for myself. While in reality there isn't any basis whatsoever for this assumption when looking at what I've written in this thread. You can call yourself a man all you want, but it's more likely that you are either in your late teens still living with mom, or just somebody very lonely with a strong need for people to respond to what you post online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.