Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Got mine today, the fit is ****. Don't order it. Slips right off the phone when putting 1 card into it. It's also over cut on the top & button.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Got my Speck SmartFlex

I have been using it for 2 days. Here are my impression so far.

1. Size - good fit and is probably as thin as it can be considering it can take 3 cards.

2. Feel - nice firm rubber. Flexes a bit at the middle and feels bait loose. I don't see how they can get around the problem without making it difficult to remove the cards. I can feel the edges of the top card as well as the ridges of the case below the cards. While they are just firm rubber, they are still a bit distracting.

While I thought a case may make the iP5 more comfy to hold, this case doesn't help much. I prefer the feel of the naked phone. I was hoping that the case would be good enough that I can just leave the phone in it. However I find myself removing the phone from the case when I am home because I prefer the naked iP5. It doesn't make sense to add all that extra thickness, weight, and put up with the inferior feels when I am home.

But then when I went to work, having to carry only one thing is really convenience. Should I keep the case just for the time I need my wallet? Instead of simplifying my life I think this case make it more complicated. I have to decide what to bring: phone in case, or phone and wallet, or naked phone and wallet in which case I have to transfer my 3 cards to my wallet.

I am going to give it a few days then make my final decision.

gardnafari

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Pop ID for iPhone 5

Ordered this case and got it today. DEFINITELY will be returning. Not impressed. Nearly impossible to get 2 cards out very quickly. No notch at top of rear to "pull" cards out. Have to REALLY push them up from the bottom, which is awkward and I could envision myself really struggling to pay for items quickly. Also the mute switch is almost completely inaccessible unless you've got long fingernails to somehow toggle it. The snugness of the rubber along the edges on the front of the phone is also disappointing.

At this point I suppose I'll wait for the slim version to come out or possible try out the marware stash.

lcastillo1475

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I bought the killspencer

I bought the killspencer precision card carrier for the iphone5; I think it looks amazing as its very minimal and is still able to hold 3 cards. I used to have the iLid for the iphone4s and loved it but was forced to leave it when i bought the iPhone 5. As of right now I bought the "banks case" from caseitup.com and from my initial impressions i didn't like it because the site claimed you could fit 4 cards, well thats a lie, you can bearly fit 2...i had to cut the back portion and modify it to fit 3 cards. Im holding out until i get my spencer case on tuesday, ill post a review when i get it!

frozzbite

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
All i want is a case that is similar to the old Casemate ID case for the iPhone 4/4S. Open top and bottom. Slim, lightweight.

But it is so freaking hard to find one! The generic matte black ones are the perfect idea but they are so think compared to the casemate.

----------

Ordered this case and got it today. DEFINITELY will be returning. Not impressed. Nearly impossible to get 2 cards out very quickly. No notch at top of rear to "pull" cards out. Have to REALLY push them up from the bottom, which is awkward and I could envision myself really struggling to pay for items quickly. Also the mute switch is almost completely inaccessible unless you've got long fingernails to somehow toggle it. The snugness of the rubber along the edges on the front of the phone is also disappointing.

At this point I suppose I'll wait for the slim version to come out or possible try out the marware stash.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

----------

i have been bugging them EVERY week since the announcement of the iphone 5, they keep trying to pawn the pop! id case off on me. F that one.

I am going to join you in the emailing them

amznfx

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
All-in-one case link?

Hi guys i dont want to get in trouble for advertising.. but can the moderator fix the link to the all-in-one case on shapeways? i would provide the link but i dont want to get banned.. i also would appreciate feedback on that design and the other 4 options.

RTbar

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
the joy factory denim

the_denim_iphone_5_case_1.jpg

the_denim_iphone_5_case_2.jpg

the_denim_iphone_5_case_3.jpg

the_denim_iphone_5_case_4.jpg

CSD111_6_0.jpg

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I got my smartflex in today, very nice!

A lot slimmer than what i was expecting and seems very durable

Attachments

• photo 2-3.JPG
    photo 2-3.JPG
    728.1 KB · Views: 154
  • photo 3-3.JPG
    photo 3-3.JPG
    730.6 KB · Views: 144
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 135
  • photo 5-1.JPG
    photo 5-1.JPG
    672 KB · Views: 129

iPhoneMBAUser

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
I got my smartflex in today, very nice!

A lot slimmer than what i was expecting and seems very durable

Can you post a comparison between a naked iP5 and this case? I'm tempted but I usually have my iphones with just the bumper, I'm afraid anything thicker will be too thick for me. Thanks in advance.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Can you post a comparison between a naked iP5 and this case? I'm tempted but I usually have my iphones with just the bumper, I'm afraid anything thicker will be too thick for me. Thanks in advance.

Yeah give me a little bit an I will be more than happy too...it really isn't that bad

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN

Here you go, honestly it may sound stupid but the case looks bigger in the pictures.

I hate bulky cases but i love this!:D

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    673.7 KB · Views: 133
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    630.6 KB · Views: 126

amznfx

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
Money clip/ wallet/ kick stand pictures

some pics

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    960.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 139

iPhoneMBAUser

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Here you go, honestly it may sound stupid but the case looks bigger in the pictures.

I hate bulky cases but i love this!:D

Thank you. Seems slim enough for a "wallet". I think I'll wait for the Marware version then go back to this if that does not work.

amznfx

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2012
shapeways

These are awesome. Very minimalistic. Where are they from?

they are 3d printed cases from shapeways.com

it's on the list of cases but the link is broken.. but if you do a search for Amznfx you can see all the models.

i would add the direct link.. but i dont want to get banned.. if you have any feedback on the designs please let me know

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.