Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlhollander

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
"What to Expect" downloads in 1080p. It appears that all new blu rays from Lionsgate will be in full HD.

Tezcatlipoca

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Cambridge, UK
I bought Prometheus today (UK release, Regions A/B/C).

It's the normal 2D version + Digital Copy.

Entered the code and... it downloaded the SD version *and* the 1080p HD version, along with the extras.

First time I've ever got an HD version via a BD digital copy code redemption.

It's *also* available "in the cloud" too, which surprised me as *none* of my other Fox digital copies are available that way yet (we're a bit behind the US here when it comes to which studios have made films available in the cloud).

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
One person is saying Prometheus is in SD only and another says HD. Can anyone else confirm either way?
Looks like only the UK version has a HD iTunes DC. The iTunes DC that came with my US version (4-disc 3D) is SD only. However it also comes with an Ultraviolet code which is HD (on Vudu it redeems the HDX version).

Also, I had some trouble redeeming the iTunes copy at first. You cannot redeem the code from the booklet directly in iTunes. There is an application called "Media Manager II" on the digital copy disc which is required to convert the code into an iTunes code first. If you have autostart from DVDs disabled like me, you have to start it manually (it's in the /DVDROM/Media Manger folder on the disc). I have no idea why they had to make it this complicated. :rolleyes:

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
One person is saying Prometheus is in SD only and another says HD. Can anyone else confirm either way?

I purchased the 3D bluray (4 disc collectors edition) and the digital copy was SD and NO extras. ET bluray was HD and extras.

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Prometheus 3D/BD/DVD/DC in US

Just bought Prometheus 4 disc on my way home from work (in US) and the DC is SD. :confused:

And NO Special Features/Extras

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
The Prometheus digital copy will be in SD because it's on a DVD. I have never gotten a Digital Copy that's on a DVD with Extras, and now it's definitely not in HD.

So, if it's on a disc, I'm not expecting to get them in HD or Extras on them.

I bought ET and I can confirm that it downloaded in HD and & SD with the iTunes Extras.

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
The Prometheus digital copy will be in SD because it's on a DVD. I have never gotten a Digital Copy that's on a DVD with Extras, and now it's definitely not in HD.

So, if it's on a disc, I'm not expecting to get them in HD or Extras on them.

This isn't necessarily true. Even if the digital copy is "on" a disc, it's still recorded in your account as a movie you now own. This means it's in iCloud for play on your Apple TV or to redownload. I've found that sometimes when you delete and redownload the movie, it will then pull the Extras as well. I've never had this work for an HD upgrade, but I've done this with all my disc based DC and only one or two didn't download Extras. I've also found that on a couple discs, the file isn't even on the disc and it's just a way to verify that you have the code and physical copy.

Basically, make sure it's in your Purchased section in iTunes, then move the file out of iTunes or delete it and redownload to give it a shot.

Last edited:

aarmstrong27

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
You're ahead of me. ITunes says my code is invalid.

Look above. Someone mentioned you have to run a program on the disc and it then gives you an "iTunes code". The code printed in the box DOES NOT work in iTunes.

Open the disc contents (Finder for MAC, My Computer for Windows) and open the "Media Manager" program.

Tezcatlipoca

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Looks like only the UK version has a HD iTunes DC. The iTunes DC that came with my US version (4-disc 3D) is SD only. However it also comes with an Ultraviolet code which is HD (on Vudu it redeems the HDX version).

Also, I had some trouble redeeming the iTunes copy at first. You cannot redeem the code from the booklet directly in iTunes. There is an application called "Media Manager II" on the digital copy disc which is required to convert the code into an iTunes code first. If you have autostart from DVDs disabled like me, you have to start it manually (it's in the /DVDROM/Media Manger folder on the disc). I have no idea why they had to make it this complicated. :rolleyes:

The UK version doesn't use a disc for the digital copy - download only. It is similar to yours though in that the code on the insert is not directly redeemable in iTunes.

The code on the insert has to be entered on the Fox UK digital copy website (foxdigitalcopy.com/uk/go), and the site then gives you a code for iTunes.

I am in the UK and it was the SD DC that downloaded.

This one >> http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/20933571/-/Product.html

I went through the 'Contact Support' for the digital copies at Fox...now I wait.

Weird. That's the same as mine, but I got the HD digital copy too.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
You can add Moonrise Kingdom to the iTunes HD with extras list from the US blu ray

I have updated the spread sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhvHZp29ZPvidEdqUlJLc3FXa3U3dFlEV3dBZFhTSmc

I added a confirmed by section, so we can confirm these releases. I also think we should add a Region column to handle releases from other regions since we're obviously not from the same country.

@tipp, I'm going to try your suggestion when I get home. Gonna see if I can get some extras on some of my old redeemed movies. :)

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Look above. Someone mentioned you have to run a program on the disc and it then gives you an "iTunes code". The code printed in the box DOES NOT work in iTunes.

Open the disc contents (Finder for MAC, My Computer for Windows) and open the "Media Manager" program.

Mine certainly isn't like that. My insert says that's the code for iTunes. The digital copy DVD has a "Fox Digital Copy" executable, but it simply pops up instructing me to type in the code from the insert. There is no media manager program.

B

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Mine certainly isn't like that. My insert says that's the code for iTunes. The digital copy DVD has a "Fox Digital Copy" executable
The "Fox Digital Copy.app" is the Mac version of the "Media Manager" (which is for Windows).
but it simply pops up instructing me to type in the code from the insert.
So what happens after that? The Media Manager then gives you another code which can be redeemed in iTunes.

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Mine certainly isn't like that. My insert says that's the code for iTunes. The digital copy DVD has a "Fox Digital Copy" executable, but it simply pops up instructing me to type in the code from the insert. There is no media manager program.

B

You have to follow the instructions on the booklet. Insert the digital copy disc, close the DVD player, double click on the disc icon on the desktop and you will see a FOX DIGITAL COPY icon. Double click that and enter your code from the insert and it gives you an iTunes code.

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
I added a confirmed by section, so we can confirm these releases. I also think we should add a Region column to handle releases from other regions since we're obviously not from the same country.

@tipp, I'm going to try your suggestion when I get home. Gonna see if I can get some extras on some of my old redeemed movies. :)

The changes you made to the spreadsheet are good, but I think the SD versions should be separate but visible. I'd assume a lot of people are going to come to that and not know how to filter the column, and it's just as important to know if a disc comes with SD as HD.

I was pretty surprised about the redownloadable Extras. I think it worked on about 7 out of 8 movies for me.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
The changes you made to the spreadsheet are good, but I think the SD versions should be separate but visible. I'd assume a lot of people are going to come to that and not know how to filter the column, and it's just as important to know if a disc comes with SD as HD.

I was pretty surprised about the redownloadable Extras. I think it worked on about 7 out of 8 movies for me.

I definitely did not take out any of the SD Movies out, I only added the "Confirmed By" Column and put my username on the ones that I could confirm myself.

The reason I mentioned to put in a column for the region was specifically because of The Hunger Games movie, someone noted that the Canadian release is in SD. Which is why I believe we can do an additional row, of the same movie but with a different region to add and confirm it's iTunes status. However, this could be a bit troublesome if a movie has difference region releases. I'm sure we'll come up with something good.

Also, I did manage to get the iTunes Extras for The Avengers after I redownloaded from my Purchased list. This is great, but it's not something iTunes is advertising. I didn't know that the iTunes Extras could be redownloaded. Now, I just hope that Captain America comes back to the cloud since I lost the Digital Copy of that movie when I had to reformat my hard drive a while back.

jlhollander

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Has anyone tried "snow white and the huntsman?" Recent release by lions gate, but i was just curious before i opened it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.