Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
This is for those that always hated that their screen was so much bigger than their controller.

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
iOS has a sweet a$$ game called Mikey Shorts, I think it's more fun.

Love that game. I'm looking forward to more levels.

----------

If anyone is actually looking to buy this, you can add a $.99 Super Mario 3Dee candies to your cart, and apply coupon: kxkynfhv to get $5 off 30.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Why the hell would Nintendo lisence their games to a competing product?

These are old games though. Is Nintendo still making a ton off of Super Mario Bros? It's not like they would be putting their best Wii U titles on the iPad (but maybe if their hardware fails to sell they'll have no other choice ;)

Pigumon

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2004
Nintendo needs to just stop with the madness. I honestly think many people(older heads) could reconnect with the brand by porting old games like the original Mario to iOS.

Get off your high horse Nintendo.

Exactly. We have a super nintendo in the break room at the office and everyone between 26 and 36 are constantly playing it.

----------

It means money. They could re-release all the old top 8 and 16 bit titles and rake it in 99 cents at a time. (minus 30% of course)

Ok, let's just fill you in. Apple and Nintendo are similar. Apple tried the whole "hey lets just go ahead and license our great software to other companies- OOOPS we are nearly bankrupt" thing. So yeah no.

Jailbreak, Emu, 8-Bitty. AWESOME.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
Currently I have a Gametel ($49) http://www.amazon.com/Gametel-Portable-Controller-Mobile-Tablets/dp/B006L2HBXA and prefer it since it uses the same icade technology BUT has a clip that holds the iPhone in place for more of a psp type experience:
41UDQolzs5L._SS400_.jpg

1. Jailbreak iPhone 4S
2. Download Snes9x Ex, GBA.emu, GBC.emu, NES.emu
3. Use bluetooth controller (Gametel or 8-bitty)
4. Play old school classics

The 8-bitty seems more geared towards an iPad that you would set down on a table while the Gametel is much better with your iPhone (since it holds your iPhone in place while your gaming).

Last edited:

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
Why not just say that it's the same as the SNES controller.

'cause it ain't the same. It's a shame, since I love that controller. The placement of the buttons on this new one, not so much.

NewImage14.png

SFCpad.jpg

I'm sure I could get used to it with a few play sessions, but why mess with perfection? ;)

DrNeroCF

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2004
Nintendo needs to just stop with the madness. I honestly think many people(older heads) could reconnect with the brand by porting old games like the original Mario to iOS.

Get off your high horse Nintendo.

You a way better way to reconnect with the Nintendo brand?

Buy a Nintendo system :eek:

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I remember reading about a year ago that Nintendo's board was really pushing to port games to iOS and android. I think the DS just isn't grabbing the sales they want. I like the DS but a lot of people are in to consolidating gadgets right now.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Nice design

I like the Intellivision-inspired faux-wood around the case, can't get any more retro than that!

I'm not sure about the positions of the four main buttons, however. Was there a patent or something on the diamond configuration? :confused:

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
On the Nintendo licensing topic, I would die happy if they released some of the older pokemon gameboy games on iOS. Been playing through some on a DS Lite, but would much rather use my iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.