Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
the new iPod touchs are out..shouldn't they release the new itunes version today? i want it :(

snowleopard48

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I know that, it was a joke on how the marketing engine of Apple makes people desire things to a point of impatience they know very little about, just tidbits of information.

I was in software sales for years and WISH I could have generated such desires with just a few screen shots and nice words.

Ah right :)

Yeah, if there's one thing Apple always do well it's building up hype. Regardless of how good or bad something is, there's always a flock of people going to try it out.

PC Junkie 17

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Re

Hope still supports Snow Leopard.

According to my uncle, who is a beta tester for :apple:, it should still support it.

----------

maybe they will announce the iTunes 11 release date at the apple shareholders meeting on oct 24?

I doubt it

----------

Hmm, out of curiosity, has anybody heard anything of a projected release date?

I believe the release date will be between Oct. 21st and Oct. 25th. However that is not a firm date

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Cover flow going away?

Whoa,

Is cover flow going away?

What about Column browser?

And someone said that lists are going? That would be crazy. I really don't care about albums, I create play "lists".

So, is this view being removed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 9.41.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 9.41.45 AM.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 142

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
According to my uncle, who is a beta tester for :apple:, it should still support it.

----------

I doubt it

----------

I believe the release date will be between Oct. 21st and Oct. 25th. However that is not a firm date

New poster...check.
New poster who has an "uncle" who works for Apple...check.
New poster who is giving out release dates....check.

Nethan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Idaho
Whoa,

Is cover flow going away?

What about Column browser?

And someone said that lists are going? That would be crazy. I really don't care about albums, I create play "lists".

So, is this view being removed?

I hope so.

It's so archaic. And ugly. It's cluttered, and it's been that way since the beginning. It's time for a revamp. More modern, simple, intuitive, graphical, and appealing.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
If iTunes 11 is that radical (ie things missing that millions of people use) will they make it so iTunes 10 can continue to work even if you have 11 installed?

A bit like QuickTime 7 pro -> X, iMovie HD -> iMovie, FCP 7 -> X, etc

Actually, come to think of it, these were all controversial transitions to flashy, new versions which lacked features. I happen to like the new versions but it is really annoying having to dip back into the old version to achieve certain things.

That said, I doubt a library-based, cloud-connected app like iTunes will offer backwards compatibility. I'm definitely going to wait and see how the early adopters get on.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
These changes all coincided with architectural changes. Something iTunes has been in need of since the switch to Intel. I would sacrifice features for performance. It will still work more or less the same since I only ever list view.

If iTunes 11 is that radical (ie things missing that millions of people use) will they make it so iTunes 10 can continue to work even if you have 11 installed?

A bit like QuickTime 7 pro -> X, iMovie HD -> iMovie, FCP 7 -> X, etc

Actually, come to think of it, these were all controversial transitions to flashy, new versions which lacked features. I happen to like the new versions but it is really annoying having to dip back into the old version to achieve certain things.

That said, I doubt a library-based, cloud-connected app like iTunes will offer backwards compatibility. I'm definitely going to wait and see how the early adopters get on.

luuke.

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
when they said "coming in october" you'd think it's out in 15th of october or something, not the edge of the month! :confused: still desperately waiting for it.. :(

omgo

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2010
we have seen this before, didn't we.. they will release it on the last day of the month, eventually.

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
Ughhh...... noo!!! Why!??? I like the classic iTunes layout just fine thank you very much. Apple is digging themselves into a grave through their obsession with constantly changing things.

We'll be able to have the list view for now, but down the road it won't be an option anymore.

It seems to me that there has been a constant litany here, and elswhere, that iTunes needs an entire overhaul/is trying to do too much in one application, etc. etc. So when they DO rty to revamp the app...

Yep.. People start complaining.

Damned if they do...damned if they don't.

Ho hum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.